Manny's MX build

This was a bad ass build thread sheedawg28. Got alot of time invested into that banshee, gotta say one of the best ones ive ever seen. Had to read thru some fat kid on a aint hil kiddy bs but that seems to happend from time to time on good threads. Keep the pics coming man and keep ripin that shee on the mx track for all the haters.

• Like 2

This was a bad ass build thread sheedawg28. Got alot of time invested into that banshee, gotta say one of the best ones ive ever seen. Had to read thru some fat kid on a aint hil kiddy bs but that seems to happend from time to time on good threads. Keep the pics coming man and keep ripin that shee on the mx track for all the haters.

Thanks buddy, not completely over yet.

Figured I'd update this a bit..got her a new to me bumper always liked the look of these on the shee.

D7C29DAC-4C15-4154-858E-A3BDAAA6CC6F.jpg

Also hp2000 finally decided to let go of some of his parts so I bought some new to me hubs and gave them a little love and they came back to life real well.

D43B091F-E2C0-4FAA-84E4-331CF7525CF5.jpg

What kind of hubs and what are your thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, how much money u got into the banshee compared to your old ltr? How do u like the transition?

I couldn't give you an exact number but if I had to ballpark it I'd say anywhere from 8-9k not including the price of the shee itself. The LTR I bought new so that was 9k, but I definitely hadn't done as much things as I did to the banshee so far. The LTR is definitely an easier bike to go faster on but down on power compared to the banshee which makes up for it being lighter than the banshee. I'm not competing seriously anymore so going as fast as possible on the track isn't a priority to me anymore..I just wanted to show the ppl I used to ride with and still do when we go out and practice that it's capable in the right hands. Also the ride is a lot more enjoyable hearing the banshee scream rather than the 4-stroke. The one thing that I miss the most is how much better the LTR would soak up coming up somewhat short on jumps..the shee really lets you know you effed up when all that weight is coming down haha. If I get into it seriously again maybe I'll build another 450 for comparison. But as for now I'm completely happy and it does everything I want.

• Like 1

What kind of hubs and what are your thoughts ?

They're lonestar as far as what I think about them I couldn't tell you yet on my behalf but friends of mine have these fronts on their 450's on the track where they take a serious beating and do just as well as the stocks while looking a lot better. Don't buy their axle though, they're shit, I've bent two of them.
  • Like 1

I couldn't give you an exact number but if I had to ballpark it I'd say anywhere from 8-9k not including the price of the shee itself. The LTR I bought new so that was 9k, but I definitely hadn't done as much things as I did to the banshee so far. The LTR is definitely an easier bike to go faster on but down on power compared to the banshee which makes up for it being lighter than the banshee. I'm not competing seriously anymore so going as fast as possible on the track isn't a priority to me anymore..I just wanted to show the ppl I used to ride with and still do when we go out and practice that it's capable in the right hands. Also the ride is a lot more enjoyable hearing the banshee scream rather than the 4-stroke. The one thing that I miss the most is how much better the LTR would soak up coming up somewhat short on jumps..the shee really lets you know you effed up when all that weight is coming down haha. If I get into it seriously again maybe I'll build another 450 for comparison. But as for now I'm completely happy and it does everything I want.

Thats awsome man im glade ur diggin it, i got a 08 yfz450 and i like it alot for the mx side of things besides the pipe burning my leg off but i still mis my banshee for all around riding plus the aftermarket worlds huge and addictive.

They're lonestar ......... Don't buy their axle though, they're shit, I've bent two of them.

Really? I haven't had/seen any troubles with lone stars bending in mx. Now a durablue. That's where all the trouble lies imo. Seen quite a few twisted up and broken off, not to mention wodled out splines all the time.

Rpm ftw..

Edited by 99michael

Thats awsome man im glade ur diggin it, i got a 08 yfz450 and i like it alot for the mx side of things besides the pipe burning my leg off but i still mis my banshee for all around riding plus the aftermarket worlds huge and addictive.

Sounds like you need some boots my friend! I've never had that issue with any of the countless 450's I've ridden, unless I wasn't wearing boots that is haha, when it's dark out and you shut the lights off and the pipe is glowing red, you know it's toasty.

Sounds like you need some boots my friend! I've never had that issue with any of the countless 450's I've ridden, unless I wasn't wearing boots that is haha, when it's dark out and you shut the lights off and the pipe is glowing red, you know it's toasty.

I can post a video if you want of me spinning it on my streetbikes wheel balancer. The first time I thought it was just one of those weird occasions when they do happen to bend but after the second I had enough. Tusk, durablue and now lonestar are on my shit list for axles.

• Like 1