10 mil crank

postman26

No limit , Andy has a good crank he assembles in house. TDR has a few choices but will admit the cheaper ones shoukdnt be used in high hp applications. Crankworks has billets and I am sure Redline has them as well. I dont know if redline has a forged one that would be less $ than billet.

in my opinion if you dont have to use billet  DONT!

the tdr ( the 900 buck one)  in my 535 has about 9 million passes.  not just a trailer queen.  its over 6 years old and running just fine.  i have seen others with billets go through 2-3 cranks or more in that time.   

crank works or twister cranks are your best, matt shearer is doing some in house,Precision Powersports is a good shop too,

stay away from the cranks on ebay the rods are junk..

Mat Shearer does not build his cranks. Boris builds them and he builds some of the best cranks out. Every one is so cal runs his cranks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy note 3

• Like 1

Any crank can and will break. Most crank issues are from mtr setup. Detonation, lean issues.....

Which are caused by incorrect setup or improper tuning.

I choose to only sell billet in strokes bigger than plus 4mm. I would make more money selling forged cranks than billet.

Most forged cranks need different rods installed to be a safe option I feel. By the time I get crank install good rods , true and weld and install good bearings it's an 800-900 crank. Which I've seen to hold up pretty good. But when you have an issue you can't just buy a mag end or pto end you must buy new crank. With billet I can replace any part on it one at a time.

For a 3-400 dollar diff I feel billet is a better option. Not indestructible but deff a better product.