Shpuld I be embarassed?

SCEADU

Went to Durhamtown Ga a couple of days ago and after hitting the Trails with the "R" I decided to hit the dirt drag with the Shee. I beat a LTR a YFZ and a TRX (all 450's). Then I beat a Raptor 700 and 660. I was feeling preaty good so then I went after a tricked out KFX 700 and split some wins with him. Then 2 "good ol boys" show up with the Can Am Outlander and Renegade. :blink: The closest I could get to either one of these guys was a bike length. I am not sure of how long the Track is but I would start gaining on them towards the end but out of the hole they just blew past me. Should I be ashamed? I have stock bore and stroke, a trail port, FMF fatty's, and advanced 4 degrees.

Edited by SCEADU

The new 4wheel drives are no joke! In 600ft you should have blasted them though. Before my new motor I raced a Brute Force 650 that had a K&N and aftermarket cdi and it took me 4 gears to run him down. When I did catch him I blew past him though. The CanAms are supposed to be the cats meow of the 4wheel drives.

Went to Durhamtown Ga a couple of days ago and after hitting the Trails with the "R" I decided to hit the dirt drag with the Shee. I beat a LTR a YFZ and a TRX (all 450's). Then I beat a Raptor 700 and 660. I was feeling preaty good so then I went after a tricked out KFX 700 and split some wins with him. Then 2 "good ol boys" show up with the Can Am Outlander and Renegade. :blink: The closest I could get to either one of these guys was a bike length. I am not sure of how long the Track is but I would start gaining on them towards the end but out of the hole they just blew past me. Should I be ashamed? I have stock bore and stroke, a trail port, FMF fatty's, and advanced 4 degrees.

I own a outlander and 3 banshees. My outlander has ran the best of 6.20 @ 56mph with a ron woods exhaust and intake in 300'. The 60' is 2.1 seconds. My buddies stock 700 raptor out runs it with just bolt ons so im not really impressed with it.

The brute force 750s are more mod friendly with 4.6 in 300' the last i checked but im sure they are faster now.

Niether one of them were stock. The Outlander was a little faster. He had a complete aftermarket exhaust with some electrical upgrades and a filter mod. The dude could sometimes wheeelie it up and beat the 400's from start to finish on 2 wheels. These things were deffinately no joke. The Outlander sounded like a mini Porche. He claimed to have somwhere in the vacinity of 14k all toll in the machine. Memorial day weekend there was a guy there with a turbo mod to his Renegade. He lost every hole shot but won every race I watched with the front tires about a foot in the air at the finish line. He claimed that he had no intention of the front wheels being off the ground only that it had that much "umph" when the turbo was all spooled up. Very impressive!!!

I've seen the 800 can-ams as some drags lately, and they do rip off the line! On the same dyno that I go to, they did a stock one, and rear wheel hp was 40. But, if you spin off the line looking for traction, they are heavier and 4wd so they will surprise you and take off quick. Don't give them and inch if it's a short run!

I've seen the 800 can-ams as some drags lately, and they do rip off the line! On the same dyno that I go to, they did a stock one, and rear wheel hp was 40. But, if you spin off the line looking for traction, they are heavier and 4wd so they will surprise you and take off quick. Don't give them and inch if it's a short run!

They lose a ton of HP with that CV drive and shaft. I forget the percentage. 40 hp at the wheels is a LOT at the crank on that motor.

Who did your porting?

Went to Dtown again today and the strip is only 400' I could not beat anything today. I just got the jetting perfect and now the problem is wheel spin. I litterally fishtail from start to about 300' once in 4th or 5th gear Shee gets hooks up and I usually loose by about 3 feet. All and all now it comes down to the rider at this point. beacause I can gain about a 2 bike lengths in the last 100 feet. If I could learn better launches I don't think anything there could have beat me all day. I put my ass all over the seat to see if I could get it to hook up to no avail so I guess I have to learn better clutch skills. The current method is dump it and pump it. I have a brand new set of 18" ITP XCR's and the track is "HARD" and I do mean hard packed Georgia red clay. As dry as it was today everyone was having problems with traction. The only machines that were getting good launches were the 4wd's