extremely hesitant banshee... HELP!

i bought a banshee about a week ago... it has a few mods and new pistons, pipe and clutch. there are about 3 tanks through the motor... does not want to rev up like i think it should... tryed draggin it and on take off unless i revved it to the moon, it would hesitate real bad through every gear, but if i kept it revved up, it outran every other wheeler that i came up against... would this be because the motor is new and the pistons are still really tight??? not sure what the problem is... HELP!!!

i have had the entire engine apart and nothing is leaking or anything... the carbs are clean... reeds are new... and the jetting is spot on... it runs awesome in higher rpm's... but on the bottom it bogs real bad... then takes off really hard... idk... someone HELP!!!! please

I would suspect jetting....

it has not been ported, and i assume it is jetted right, but not sure.. it only has three tramks through the new wiseco pistons that have been bored over 20 thounsandths, and would that do this problem because the pistons are really tight???

Pistons can't be tight or they would heat up and sieze.

SP

Sounds like a fat pilot jet. What jets are you running, needle clip positions and what mods?

Try this. Put it on half choke or tie a zip tie on the choke shaft to space it out and give it choke. If it revs better you are lean on the pilot, if it gets worse you could be fat. I'd also pull the carb slides and set the needle to the middle clip. My bike had the needle too far up making it hesitate. When I dropped the needle it made a big difference.