Mr. Gasket cap

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like you baught nos. (new old stock) it happens when manufacturers change part numbers, based on something about classifying the product. the new item with p/n 2472 is the 13psi import, while the old item with the 2472 is the domestic cap. since not all old stock is sold, retailers may still sell the nos under the same part#. same thing if you were to buy 02 caliper brackets, or you will notice it on hotrod cranks.

I dont know what to tell you man, I have bought around 4 or 5 of them now. And all of them have fit stock and aftermarket banshee radiators. Just because yours is wrong, doesn't mean it will be wrong for everyone else. You could have had something as simple as a mis-packaged part.

• 3 weeks later...

guys it was a mistake by mr gasket (mispackaged or part number error).. i was sent a new one and right off the back i could tell it was smaller.

it fits perfect onto the radiator and best of all i didnt have to do any modifications to my fullbore plastic.

Amazing!

• 9 months later...