Banshee bogs at take off...

acfine

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and want to start with saying you guys have some really good info here.

My question is this:

I'm working on a 2003 Banshee, the Limited Edition, and it has 220 main jets. That's the only thing that's been done to it, everything else is stock. When you start off, it bogs badly. When you pull the clutch back in, you have to be really high in the motor to get it to start, but once going, it seems to run fine. It also kicks back on itself at WOT, but this I'm guessing this to be the jets causing the high-end issues.

I've disconnected the TORS, and it didn't help... The filter looks a bit dirty, but nothing abnormal, or saturated with gunk.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Anthony

Edited by acfine

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and want to start with saying you guys have some really good info here.

My question is this:

I'm working on a 2003 Banshee, the Limited Edition, and it has 220 main jets. That's the only thing that's been done to it, everything else is stock. When you start off, it bogs badly. When you pull the clutch back in, you have to be really high in the motor to get it to start, but once going, it seems to run fine. It also kicks back on itself at WOT, but this I'm guessing this to be the jets causing the high-end issues.

I've disconnected the TORS, and it didn't help... The filter looks a bit dirty, but nothing abnormal, or saturated with gunk.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Anthony

When you say that the only thing that's been done is jets, do you mean that bigger jets were added? It just sounds like the jetting is off/rich. You'll want to check your plugs and see if they look rich. If so start by dropping the main jet down a size.

Thanks for the info. And no, the pictured Banshee is mine and not stock, I'm working on a buddy's Banshee.

When we bought his quad, we were told time and time again that nothing had been done to it. And later after some calls to him, he said he put bigger jets in it, and that was it. I thought the main jets were mostly for mid to high end, and the pilot jet handles the idle to low end. I'm gonna go through the carbs tonight and check everything. But will start with the plugs as mentioned.

Thanks again