Banshee Problem, new one!

ok I purchased an 03 banshee with pipes, reeds, boost bottle, and kn oval. Its jetted. I had problems with it not going over 3000rpms when I got it. I ruled out TORS, Coil, electrical, compression, anyway it ended up being the precleaner on my kn was clogged. I fixed it. I took the banshee out yesterday and it took about 10 kicks a little messing with the choke but it started. It ran great for the 2 hours we rode. pulled very hard and I was very happy. It started to downpour so we rode out and trailered the quads. Today I took it out to clean it and tune it up. I kicked and kicked without even a putter. Then I changed out the plugs and tried again, this time I finally got it to start. It ran for 10 seconds and died and wouldnt restart. I decided to check the filter again. I cleaned and re-oiled it and tried again. I kicked forever but it finally started for 10 more seconds and then puttered out. I touched the pipes and the right hand pipe was very hot to the touch and the left was ice cold. I tried to start it again and nothing. I run 32:1 premium with yamalube R.

Im about ready to give up on it, Ive ridden it once in the 3 months Ive had it. The rest of the time Im figuring out these gremlins.

It ran fine in the rain all the way til it was loaded up.

i had the same problem once bfore also and i ended eplacing my head gasket but that wasnt the problem. My air screw on my carbeurator on the right was out of sync with the left. Check your carbs firs sounds to me like that cylinder isnt geting fire,fuel or air.

Was the plug wet?

What the plug look like?

Hmmmm, this seems like a simple one so I'll take a stab at it with my limited Banshee knowledge and all.

If it is hard to start you have 1 of 2 problems,

1- Your jetting is way way off.

2- You have really really low compression and it's time for a rebuild.

First, and probably the easiest you need to let us know what your mods are, pipes, air box, timing, etc. And we'll tell you where you should be at on your jetting. Your going to have to pull the carbs and check and see what size jets you have in there and replace them if they're wrong.

Second if that doesnt fix your problem you need to buy a compression tester at like Sears and see how much compression your bike is making. Depending on what type of head your running we can let you know where your at. If it's too low its time for a rebuild, which isnt hard but the bike will be down until you get jugs/pistons.

Also, a few words of wisdom because you come off as a newb. Don't get discouraged. I'm guessing this was/is a used bike. You never know what your getting into even when a bike looks perfect. You can save a ton of money by buying used, but this is what can and does happen. That being said, Banshees are easy bike to diagnose and fix, and this board is a huge help. Your bike honestly doesnt sounds that bad, definately fixable with a little bit of patience.

I was thinking choke tube myself. It would make the right cylinder run lean if the choke tube is off. Could be many things. Bad coil, Bad spark plug cap, Bad spark plug even if its brand new, Low compression, clogged jet, carbs out of sync, head gasket. I would start with the easy things. Clean your carbs out really well. Sync the carbs and make sure your choke tube is on, check your compression. If it doesnt work after that, let us know what the compression is and what its doing.

Hmmmm, this seems like a simple one so I'll take a stab at it with my limited Banshee knowledge and all.

If it is hard to start you have 1 of 2 problems,

1- Your jetting is way way off.

2- You have really really low compression and it's time for a rebuild.

First, and probably the easiest you need to let us know what your mods are, pipes, air box, timing, etc. And we'll tell you where you should be at on your jetting. Your going to have to pull the carbs and check and see what size jets you have in there and replace them if they're wrong.

Second if that doesnt fix your problem you need to buy a compression tester at like Sears and see how much compression your bike is making. Depending on what type of head your running we can let you know where your at. If it's too low its time for a rebuild, which isnt hard but the bike will be down until you get jugs/pistons.

The jetting is fine, it ran fine yesterday on the trail for 2 hours. It has 300 mains. The compression is fine as well.

I was thinking choke tube myself. It would make the right cylinder run lean if the choke tube is off. Could be many things. Bad coil, Bad spark plug cap, Bad spark plug even if its brand new, Low compression, clogged jet, carbs out of sync, head gasket. I would start with the easy things. Clean your carbs out really well. Sync the carbs and make sure your choke tube is on, check your compression. If it doesnt work after that, let us know what the compression is and what its doing.

ill check the tube for holes. the coil is new and so are the caps. I dont know how the carbs could go out of sync from sitting?

ill check the tube for holes. the coil is new and so are the caps. I dont know how the carbs could go out of sync from sitting?

What carbs are you running? When was the last time you Sync'd it? What is your compression on both cylinders since you already checked it? The bike will run with the carbs out of sync. Just be harder to start and not perform to its full potential. With only one pipe getting hot, it sounds like it was only running on one cylinder. Hows the fuel line routed to the carbs? It could be such that only one carb is getting fuel. The float could be stuck in the carb causing it to not let fuel into the cylinder that had the cold pipe. Tap the side of the bowl with the end of a screw driver and see if that helps.