dome ?

ptevo03

i have a banshee with a cool head with 22cc domes and 2 in to 1 dynoport exhaust. i have vf3 reeds, 28mm keihin pwr carbs, and a timing plate that im going to set at +4 coming on the way. what my question is can i go to a lower cc dome and still beable to run 93 octane? if it matters im a 919ft elavation. thanks for any help.

do you think its worth having to pay for the domes and new head orings and the work? will it make that much difference?

In my opinion it is. 22's are about like stock, and when I went from a stock head to a Nosshead with 21's it made a noticeable difference. (bottom and mid) I was happy with the purchase.

In my opinion it is. 22's are about like stock, and when I went from a stock head to a Nosshead with 21's it made a noticeable difference. (bottom and mid) I was happy with the purchase.

so do you think me already have the aftermarket head and just going from 22 to 21 would be worth the work and o rings and buying the domes? also thanks for all ya'lls help.

Well according to the Noss site chart, 20cc domes at 1000 ft puts out around 156 on compression. So you may get by with those on pump gas.... but with the +4 timing I'm not sure. Maybe someone else with a similar set-up can chime in on the 20's, but I'm sure you'd be safe with the 21's.

And myself, yes I think it would be worth it. I haven't tried any different sizes in domes, but I liked the improvement with the 21's over the stock head.