Elka steering stabilizer

pepehaha

Hi all,

To reduce arm fatique etc. Ive already bought a +2 antivibe steering lonestar stem, and fasst flexx handlebars. The handlebars almost doesnt shake anymore, but sometimes when I ride fas throught trails etc, I hit some rocks and it turns handlears fastly which causes instability and shock to my arms. I hope you underestand what I mean :-)

Ive heard that elka steering stabilizer should solve this problem. Do you have any experience with it? Is it worth the 500$?

And what is the diff. between system 3 and system 5? Which one is better for me? I ride mostly trails, woods, occasionally mx...

Thank you

buy the scott.... is the only one free to center.... wich means thet you dont have to push hard to get the sterring back to the center position

http://www.hardracing.com/DIRT&ATV/DIR.../SCOTTSMAIN.htm

picture

http://www.hardracing.com/DIRT&ATV/DIR.../SCOTTSMAIN.htm

Edited by omalavet

I got an Elka System 3 last week... just installed it tonight. Goin on a big ride this weekend so if you can wait till next week I'll let you know how it works. So far though it looks real nice and it fits good with little effort to install. The system 3 has high and low speed and return to center damping. The syetem 5 has a couple exrta for tight and wide turning. It's only $50.00 more but I didn't bother to get it. They are both lower mount, go at the bottom of the steering stem, so you cannot adjust it on the fly... but I figure once you get it set up there shouldn't really be any need to do that. The GPR is an upper mount so you can adjust it while riding. I'm sure they would also be a good choice. I'm not sure though but I think they will raise your bar height so if you allready have your stem and bars where you like them you may wana go with the Elka.

I'll give you a review on it next week :thumbsup:

I just got home from a weekend of good riding. The Elka Steering Stabilizer worked great. The place we were at has lots of big rocks and roots so it was a perfect test. I actually started hitting some rocks on purpose just to see if I could get anything to tranfer through the bars... but I got nothing. It was awesome... I've been looking at getting one for a while but didn't want to spend the money. The last time I was riding we were on similar trails with big roots and I got some nasty bar whips... hurt my wrist pretty good on one. So I finally decided to spend the money... and I gota say, even though they are expencive they are definitly worth it. There was no bar whip at all... I even bent one of my front rims pretty good on something, but I didn't even notice untill my buddy pointed it out.

Anyway I thought it worked awesome... I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-System...sspagenameZWD1V

I got mine for $475.00 Cdn from a local dealer... no shipping

Hey ruko do you mind me asking what dealer you got yours through?

Im in edmonton a few times a year and going in about 2 weeks so i wouldn't mind knowing!

Hey ruko do you mind me asking what dealer you got yours through?

Im in edmonton a few times a year and going in about 2 weeks so i wouldn't mind knowing!

Rapid Revolutions... It's kind of a little hole in the wall but he has good prices... I've got lots of stuff from him. He doesn't stock them though so if you're coming through in a couple weeks you better order it now, mine took about 2 weeks to get here.

Rapid Revolutions

14935 112 Ave

Edmonton, AB

780-455-7553

1-800-455-7553

Are you gona be in town for a while?? A bunch of us are going to the Big Horn Dam by Nordegg for the long weekend... lots of good trails out there...

Rapid Revolutions... It's kind of a little hole in the wall but he has good prices... I've got lots of stuff from him. He doesn't stock them though so if you're coming through in a couple weeks you better order it now, mine took about 2 weeks to get here.

Rapid Revolutions

14935 112 Ave

Edmonton, AB

780-455-7553

1-800-455-7553

Are you gona be in town for a while?? A bunch of us are going to the Big Horn Dam by Nordegg for the long weekend... lots of good trails out there...

Thanx for the info.

Were flying out of kelowna so my shee would be to big for carry on :biggrin:

Thanx for the offer :thumbsup: