T5 Jetting

Hi guys

Putting on some T5s soon but need an idea on jetting for them

Done heaps of reading on the jetting section...kinda leaning towards a 300-320 main with NO lid and KnN filter and standard pilot or a 27.5 with needle still in center?

Riding @ sea level with temperatures around 68 F - 88 F MAX

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i run the same setup, t5 with open airbox w/k&n, sea level or close to it, summer temps

i run 280 main

3rd clip on toomey needle

stock pilot

1.5 turns on air/fuel

Im in Australia so dont really ever exceed sea level, its winter here at the moment so temps are @ around 18 - 25 C

i would off thought 280 main is a bit lean with the lid OFF?

no way, 280 isnt lean with the lid off, alot of people just run huge main jets for some reason,usually pipe companies recommend fat jetting to cover their asses i guess? i run a 300 in the fall and winter when it gets colder

ps: theres a plug chop thread posted up top i think, people can only give you guesstimates , only you will know how your bike is running

Edited by Michael Jackson

no way, 280 isnt lean with the lid off, alot of people just run huge main jets for some reason,usually pipe companies recommend fat jetting to cover their asses i guess? i run a 300 in the fall and winter when it gets colder

ps: theres a plug chop thread posted up top i think, people can only give you guesstimates , only you will know how your bike is running

yea read up on the plug chop, will give it ago...ill be installing everything for my first time...dont really like giving money to people when a little bit of research is all you need lol

will get jets 280-320 and prob start off with 300 and start plug chopping

ps. mate has fatties on his bike...workshop threw in a 350 main with powerlid...bike don't feel fast AT all...guessing they do wana cover there asses

Edited by dz06shee

go with 310 and 27.5 go with like a 1 1/2 turn on the airscrew and more or less adjust from there also go on the 4th clip of you are 0-1100 ft. definately do not use the toomey needles .. junk stick with the stock ones

go with 310 and 27.5 go with like a 1 1/2 turn on the airscrew and more or less adjust from there also go on the 4th clip of you are 0-1100 ft. definately do not use the toomey needles .. junk stick with the stock ones

whats wrong with the toomey needles ?, i put them in when i got my pipes.

whats wrong with the toomey needles ?, i put them in when i got my pipes.

I am running toomey needles in both of my shee's

and your mate should lean it out a LOT. I run FMF's in my shee with 280 jets and for a bolt on bike it is quick as hell

Shee'll be right

Fair dinkum

good luck on your jetting journey!

The best advice I got on here is jet one circuit at a time, and start off with jetting the mains and do plug

chops. yes, it will cost you a few bucks in plugs but thats much better than the $$$ it will cost if you burn

it up! When you do the WOT/plug chops you will get your mains jetted correctly, then as you notice the

plug coloration after putting some time on them you can adjust your pilots as needed. I would keep your

needle in the middle to start off being a sea level and start with the air screws out 1.5 or 2... Good luck

and have fun!

Edited by mdhc500

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys

installed and jetted pipes..

300 main needle on 4th clip and airscrews 1.5 out

bikes starts nicely and takes off really well off idle...

but it seems to be a bit laggy/groggy untill it hits power band...is this my jetting or the t5s? once on powerband it pulls nice

ok guys

installed and jetted pipes..

300 main needle on 4th clip and airscrews 1.5 out

bikes starts nicely and takes off really well off idle...

but it seems to be a bit laggy/groggy untill it hits power band...is this my jetting or the t5s? once on powerband it pulls nice

My brother runs T5's and his does not do this, so maybe its the needle or pilot jet? It sounds like

you got your mains and idle screw good to go... And I would not guess based on what I have read

what I have messed around with myself the needle being in the 3rd or 4th clip would cause that

kind of lag/bog?

Did you read the JettingFAQ document on the site here? It's helpful... A lot of the guys on here really

know their stuff, but I think they ignore jetting threads...

Try this if you have not already...

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

Edited by mdhc500

My brother runs T5's and his does not do this, so maybe its the needle or pilot jet? It sounds like

you got your mains and idle screw good to go... And I would not guess based on what I have read

what I have messed around with myself the needle being in the 3rd or 4th clip would cause that

kind of lag/bog?

Did you read the JettingFAQ document on the site here? It's helpful... A lot of the guys on here really

know their stuff, but I think they ignore jetting threads...

Try this if you have not already...

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

It don't exactly make that bogging rich noise...but seems like there is a bit of lack of power before powerband? if i pull the choke out one notch and ride it, it just gets worse...will do a plug chop tomorrow and post the pic up!