trailo tech vector or vapor

blaat

It is a good product. You will have to hook up a 9 volt batter to power it. I have mine hooked up to the stator and at high rpms it restest. I unplug the power cord and run it off its battery and it is fine. So hook the power leads up to a 9 volt batter and all the lights will work. You can get a 9v pig tail at radio shack for a couple of bucks. There is a thread in the Mod section about it.

josh

It is a good product. You will have to hook up a 9 volt batter to power it. I have mine hooked up to the stator and at high rpms it restest. I unplug the power cord and run it off its battery and it is fine. So hook the power leads up to a 9 volt batter and all the lights will work. You can get a 9v pig tail at radio shack for a couple of bucks. There is a thread in the Mod section about it.

josh

thanks bro, I appreciate the advice!!

• 2 months later...

I bought a Vapor and installed it on my Banshee. I had nothing but problems with it. I tried powering it with a 9 volt battery and also tapped into the wire going to the voltage regulator. If the bike was below 100 degrees and you revved it above 7200 RPM, the vapor would reset itself.I took the bike to Trail Tech for help with this, they replaced the temp sensor, tried all the ways shown in the instructions to sense RPM, and even tried a different unit, but we could not get it to stop resetting itself. Finally, I said I could live without the tach feature, so they gave me a Vector unit instead. I have it powered by the voltage regulator wire and it works fine. They also gave me a spare temp sensor and some other goodies. They were great to deal with and I will deal with them again.

I bought a Vapor and installed it on my Banshee. I had nothing but problems with it. I tried powering it with a 9 volt battery and also tapped into the wire going to the voltage regulator. If the bike was below 100 degrees and you revved it above 7200 RPM, the vapor would reset itself.I took the bike to Trail Tech for help with this, they replaced the temp sensor, tried all the ways shown in the instructions to sense RPM, and even tried a different unit, but we could not get it to stop resetting itself. Finally, I said I could live without the tach feature, so they gave me a Vector unit instead. I have it powered by the voltage regulator wire and it works fine. They also gave me a spare temp sensor and some other goodies. They were great to deal with and I will deal with them again.

I had the same problem with my vapor until I put a set of BR8ES plug in. I was running B8ES plugs and they emit to much RFI and it was causing the vapor to reset. As soon as I switched plugs the problem was solved.