hit the drag strip last night

r_flagel222

1/8th mile times.... quads can not run the 1/4 mile at US 131 dragstrip

Wow thats pretty cool.......every time I have talked with 131 dragway about running my quad they said no. Been a few years but they did not used to let us run there, and they were quite rude about it might I add. Might have to check it out. That is a top notch facility.....just the staff was not very kind. What did they check for at tech in????? Did they say anything you must have??

Wow thats pretty cool.......every time I have talked with 131 dragway about running my quad they said no. Been a few years but they did not used to let us run there, and they were quite rude about it might I add. Might have to check it out. That is a top notch facility.....just the staff was not very kind. What did they check for at tech in????? Did they say anything you must have??

alcoholbanshee----- i know that 131 changed owners recently, like a year or two ago, they were all pretty fair with me, no problems. tech was really only worried about nerfs. i went on a test and tune night. ill be trying it again. maybe we could get up there together sometime, so i have someone to run with. the sleds i run smoked me.

those times seem close to where i was running with alot less work done to my bike, but i'm guessing you were fighting to keep the front end down with that -2 swinger on it, i hope when i go to bigger carbs and cpi's i dont stay running the same times :confused:

Snowmazz13--- it was extemely hard to keep the front end down..... launched in second and basically wheely walked down the track till the 6th gear shift.... i will be looking into a wheely bar so i can give her hell next time around

i feel yah, on my stock swinger, i was launching in first, dont have enough motor to launch in second with a 15tooth front sprocket, and i would try to keep the front end down but it would still try to pul it up till about 4th. But i think my best time was 9.15ish on slicks and about 9.00 on dirt tires lol, its alot easier to launch on dirt tires cause they wont hook and i can spin the tires, but the "slicks" hook way to well for my little bit of motor and help me stand it straight up

i had stock gearing on it and my 59inch hardest compound hoosiers fot flattracking. second gear launched hard.... hard enough that the first take off i smacked the grab bar. ... i might add that i had to have a leather jacket and gloves, i used my street bike coat. thanks for the comments guys!

I ran my bike for the first time ever on a track, within a week and a half of buying the bike.

I had times very similar to yours.

The hardest part for me was launch...

-I was told to go on the 3rd yellow light, and it will equal out w/ your reaction time and you'll have a badass ET.

-I didn't try launching in 2nd...in 1st it wanted to stand up a lot.

-At our track, on the outer edges of each lane, the track changes from street tar to concrete (in the extra space, in case someone crashes or anything). I found it easier to launch off to the side a bit.

I'm a lot better at riding since I've been though. I prob. won't go back until I get my mods done (maybe.)

1st time at the drag strip ever... US 131 Martin, MI

1st pass , slamed grab bar at launch..... note to self ........ sit on tank...... lol

10.62 @ 70.76 1/8

2nd pass, better launch

8.50 @ 79.52

3rd pass, 2nd - 4th wheely

9.31 @ 77.28

are these times respectfull? thanks guys

yea not to bad my bikes best time in the 1/8 mile is 8.059 and thats a 13.2 pass @ 92mph