shaved head

yamshe

i was told you could get your stock head shaved down and was wondering how much to have it shaved and what are the performance advantages and will i still be able to run pump gas i have a .40 over bore trinty stage 4 single carb and dg pipes with stock silencers i think iam going to get either advance +4 key or adjustable stater also which is recomended keep in mind iam not wealthy but i still need low mid power on a budget thanx 4 the help in advance

I've run 0.020" and 0.030" shaved and have heard of guys running 0.040" shaved. Need to check your squish which I think should run around 0.4 - 0.5 mm but I don't remember for sure. Someone will chime in, I am sure with the correct spec. Also be sure to check your compression so you know the right fuel to run with the higher compression. I think you will see more performance gains out of timing though. +4 should give you a good performance gain all around depending on your current mods.

SP

i am running a stock head that's shaved .015". i'm going to shave it another .015". it will be just fine for pump gas. it is a 2guy-2 casting, so stock its a 22.4cc head. remember .84cc is for head gasket volume, so you'll have to add that in.

Edited by mopar1rules

for trail riding i was told by a pro-class dragracer buddy, its safe to shave off up to .030.

you can shave up to .080 for draging but will need race fuel, and temps will run hotter.

i'm currently at .030 shaved, running on pump gas. and HIGHLY recomend you shaving too!

I am running .02 shaved off my stock head and just did a comp test, no need for race fuel yet! Advancing your timing will help your low an mid but it takes from the top end a little. another thing you could look at to improve bottom end is changing your gearing a little. Go luck bro keep us posted!

I am running .02 shaved off my stock head and just did a comp test, no need for race fuel yet! Advancing your timing will help your low an mid but it takes from the top end a little. another thing you could look at to improve bottom end is changing your gearing a little. Go luck bro keep us posted!

why would having the timing advanced +4, hurt you on top end?

That was the info I got when I did mine. They told me that you get a good boost in the low and mid but that it pulls your top end down. I really havnt noticed any differance but like I said that was the info I got.

i'm not a mechanical engineer so i cant explina the physics behind it, but when you ad timing you gain power on bottom end and sacirifc it on top. alot of times your times will drop but its not becasue you have gained on top or picked up more mph, its simply you now have more power getting out of the whole and getting up to speed.