got a new digital temp guage

hello,

got a new digital temp guage and i hooked it up to the coolant line coming out of the motor going back to the radiator. i ran the quad wide open 5 and 6 gear for a couple minutes. then came to a stop. the guage read around 173 while riding then when i stopped but left the mototr running is slowly crawled up to 191 then i shut it off. it seemed like though the temp was moving up slower as time went on it didnt seem as though it was ever going to stop. felt like it was just going to keep going up. is this normal? is this because the motor is running and theres no air going through the radiator to cool things down or is there a problem w my bike?

thanks

You probably got the same CRJ temp gauge I do. When im running wide open it runs about 200. When im trail riding about 225. 240 I shut it off. The temp bounces around on them a lot, like 10-20 degrees. If you shut it off it will stop on the rigth temp.

Also NEVER sit at idle for more than a few seconds. The only thing worse for the shee is trying to get it unstuck from a mudhole.

Edited by jugriggs

You probably got the same CRJ temp gauge I do. When im running wide open it runs about 200. When im trail riding about 225. 240 I shut it off. The temp bounces around on them a lot, like 10-20 degrees. If you shut it off it will stop on the rigth temp.

The volume of water that the waterpump moves gets greater as engine speed is increased.Next time your rolling down a big hill kick it in neutral and keep the revs up,you will see the temps going down faster than if you just idled down it.Even with a high flow impellar,the banshee doesn't flow much at idle.