tranny fluid in cylinders

Anyone out there ever have a motor that passes a leak down test and as soon as it starts it sucks tranny fluid? I split the cases and replaced the seals twice still same problem

First let me say welcome to the HQ. Sounds to me like you may have a bad crank, or I should say one that needs trued. Are you sure you're puting the PTO side seal in correct? The castleated side goes towards the bearing. Someone else will chime in here I'm sure with more ideas.

First let me say welcome to the HQ. Sounds to me like you may have a bad crank, or I should say one that needs trued. Are you sure you're puting the PTO side seal in correct? The castleated side goes towards the bearing. Someone else will chime in here I'm sure with more ideas.

Hey thanks, I forgot to mention I replaced the crank with a newer one and the seal is installed correct

Edited by rontice67

Are you putting a little bit of grease on the inside of the seal? What are you using to seal between your cases? Does your primary drive gear have any weird grooves in it or anything that would not let it seal correctly? Try putting some hi-temp gas/oil resistant silicone around the square key on your primary drive gear before you install it. I've had leaks around there before. What psi are you presurizing your bottom end to when you test it and how long are you leaving it pressurized?

Are you putting a little bit of grease on the inside of the seal? What are you using to seal between your cases? Does your primary drive gear have any weird grooves in it or anything that would not let it seal correctly? Try putting some hi-temp gas/oil resistant silicone around the square key on your primary drive gear before you install it. I've had leaks around there before. What psi are you presurizing your bottom end to when you test it and how long are you leaving it pressurized?

The seal has grease. Don't shoot but when I went to get yamabond My local yamaha dealer only had hondabond so I talked to a couple of mechs they said use it. No wierdness with the primary gear and i didn't mich it. 6 psi for test it bleeds down to 5 after 3 min.

Anyone out there ever have a motor that passes a leak down test and as soon as it starts it sucks tranny fluid? I split the cases and replaced the seals twice still same problem

Bump for a nice guy who is running out of ideas.

Daj...any chance you have any ideas here???