troubleshooting

I just rebuilt my 2000 shee it is 0.30 over has wiseco prolite pistons pro design cool head 22cc domes and DMC ALIENs I bought the bike needing rebuilt and just purchased the pipes the pipe instructions called for #30 pilots 280 mains stock needles and slides and air screws 1 1/2 turns out the problem is my local dealers all had 280 mains and no #30 pilots so i bought the mains and ordered the pilots. I put the mains in because i was anxious to hear it run and left the stock pilots the bike started after i had to spray gas in the carbs it did not want to idle and would hardly take gas would the stock pilots make it do this as compared to a #30pilot and we turned the idle up and it tried to stick wide open any help with this matter would be great dont wanna spend anymore money thanks. Ps it got hot kinda quick

I just rebuilt my 2000 shee it is 0.30 over has wiseco prolite pistons pro design cool head 22cc domes and DMC ALIENs I bought the bike needing rebuilt and just purchased the pipes the pipe instructions called for #30 pilots 280 mains stock needles and slides and air screws 1 1/2 turns out the problem is my local dealers all had 280 mains and no #30 pilots so i bought the mains and ordered the pilots. I put the mains in because i was anxious to hear it run and left the stock pilots the bike started after i had to spray gas in the carbs it did not want to idle and would hardly take gas would the stock pilots make it do this as compared to a #30pilot and we turned the idle up and it tried to stick wide open any help with this matter would be great dont wanna spend anymore money thanks. Ps it got hot kinda quick

Turn the air screws all the way in then back them out each .5 turn. That will richen it up about the most you can do with stock pilots. #30's are probably going to be to rich. 27.5's are what I would try.

If your under 1 turn out you need a larger pilot, if your more than 2.5 turns out you need a smaller pilot jet.

josh

ok I had already ordered the #30s when you wrote back because i called DMC and this is what they suggested but if this does not work out I will try your advice. do you think the difference in stock and a 30 would make it run that bad? as in barely idle and not take gas i set the carbs how DMC said i guess ill have to wait and get the 30s and see if that works thanks for the advice. Ps I have 280 mains also recomended by DMC

Edited by 2kbansheerider

You just need more fuel at Idle. That is why you had to spray a little fuel in it to get it to start. That is also why it probably gets hot fast. It is a little lean. Try tuning in the air screw .5 turns out from closed for stock pilots. You can try try dmc's recomendation for #30 pilots but it might make your banshee hard to start do to being too rich.

You just need more fuel at Idle. That is why you had to spray a little fuel in it to get it to start. That is also why it probably gets hot fast. It is a little lean. Try tuning in the air screw .5 turns out from closed for stock pilots. You can try try dmc's recomendation for #30 pilots but it might make your banshee hard to start do to being too rich.

thanks I sure dont want it to be hard to start so if the 30 makes it like that i will go to a 27.5

thanks I sure dont want it to be hard to start so if the 30 makes it like that i will go to a 27.5

Well when you get the 30's in and play with the air screws to get the best throttle responce if you end up under 1 turn out from seated you need the next size larger pilot. If you end up over 2.5 turns out you need to go down a pilot size.

josh

Well when you get the 30's in and play with the air screws to get the best throttle responce if you end up under 1 turn out from seated you need the next size larger pilot. If you end up over 2.5 turns out you need to go down a pilot size.

josh

ok thanks ill keep that in mind when my new pilots get here it sucks no shop within 40 miles of me had 30s in stock but they all had the 280 mains but I guess you'll have that sometimes.

Ok finally got my jets and bike is still running terrible i am completely out of ideas, bike has a fresh topend wiseco prolite pistons 0.30 bore pro design cool head with 22 cc domes and dmc aliens with the following jetting air screws 1 1/2 turns out needle stock center clip #30 pilots 280 mains this is the jets dmc called for. The problem is I thought the pilots were my problem the whole time and then when I changed them it was the same result, bike still wont idle unless its turned up really high and it will not take gas whatsoever most of the time we get it started its buy spraying gas in the carbs i thought after spending alot of money on all this stuff it would turn out good but i guess not. any ideas would be great

thanks.

did you put the carb choke crossover tube back on? When its running try pulling out the choke 1 click and 2 clicks and see how it runs then. And whats your compression?

I will try the choke crossover tube today when i get home. The compression feels good but i dont have a tester it does have a brand new top end

you were right it was the choke crossover tube actually it didnt even have one i guess it was missing when i bought it but i bought one put it on and it ran way better.

Thanks Bansheesmoke

kickass dude I had that same problem once. Ususally when messing with carbs that piece ends up forgotten. And if you need some help with jetting post in the jetting forum and they can help you out there. Where does it seem to be rich at? What throttle position? ildle to 1/4th 1/4th to 3/4th or 3/4 to WOT?