Herr Juggs cub porting

I'm looking for a little more umph from my off the shelf cylinder.

I read alot of rave reviews on his port work on stockers,but I haven't heard much

about him porting cubs.

I'm looking for something a little more then a clean up but not quite a full blown drag port.

I guess somthing in between.

So let me hear from the guys that have ported cubs from him.

Thanks.

Yes he's done a few from what I understand. 00tbanshee's is a drag port. I talked with Kevin about doin some porting exactly like you want and he said he had a few ideas for it. I'd trust him anyday with mine, he did a helluva job on my stockers.

mine is just a clean up port thats it.i talked to kev tonight and he said he is getting ready to do somemore aggresive porting on one that he has tomorrow.so looking forward to triing it out.the clean up one doessn't run to bad at all.give kev alittle time and he will make these things fly.just look at what he can do with the stockers.

I'm looking for a little more umph from my off the shelf cylinder.

I read alot of rave reviews on his port work on stockers,but I haven't heard much

about him porting cubs.

I'm looking for something a little more then a clean up but not quite a full blown drag port.

I guess somthing in between.

So let me hear from the guys that have ported cubs from him.

Thanks.

if you dont get a full drag port you're going to want one as soon as you get beat by a simular set up [cub fully drag ported]...........imo

as far as herrjugs racing ...i have never seen his stuff run but i do read alot of positive feed back on herrjugs here on the hq

HJR is a great place for cylinder work,They did my drag port and an agressive dune port on some stockers for me,Im going to pick up a cub in a few weeks and he will be doing the drag port for that one also..Always answers all my questions and backs up his work 100%.Thanks Kev and Fran!

I'm constantly testing on these Cub setups right now. Little steps at a time. I want to know how each setup runs before I make the next change. Butch is getting the next all out HJR drag port before his next race.

Butch was placing well in the gas class with the Stage II porting. He got ate up in the alky class....is it a no cc limit class??

No worries for Butch, he will be out front again in no time on Alky.

Cheers :beer:

In my opinion, you need to have the cylinders cleaned up, they are casting flawed by the factory. Every set I've seen is anyways...

You are going to hear a HUGE varying degree of how well and how much power you can get out of them by porting.

These cylinders run good off the shelf because the port timing/layout is that good out of the box.

I'd say 5 to 10 HP is what you're gonna get out of them with a port. It's not going to be 20 to 40 HP like you can out of stock cylinders.

They already have drag port dimensions and timing on them. If you don't want a builder to go all out, ask yourself if it's worth tearing the motor down to get 5 to 8 more HP out of them? I'd spend that money on suspension, etc.

Do you have a lockup and override already?

My 4 mil cub cleaned up on gas was a handful on a 6 over arm, it would've been damn near unrideable with a 4 over like you have.

Get a dunable override and lockup clutch, they will do more for you than basic porting alone on a cub motor....promise.