New carb questions

I am now using 35's due to a new port job done by passion. I have a new throttle cable but I am having problems where the throttle cable runs into the carb. At the end of the cable there is a L shaped tube threaded on both ends and the carb top comes with a brass tube which is threaded on one end and smooth on the other. Should I unscrew the brass adjuster out of the carb top and use the L or let one half of the L sit inside the brass? Only reason I ask is because with the L inside the brass, when I push the throttle the L wants to lift up. Is there a good way to keep the L in place?

I am now using 35's due to a new port job done by passion. I have a new throttle cable but I am having problems where the throttle cable runs into the carb. At the end of the cable there is a L shaped tube threaded on both ends and the carb top comes with a brass tube which is threaded on one end and smooth on the other. Should I unscrew the brass adjuster out of the carb top and use the L or let one half of the L sit inside the brass? Only reason I ask is because with the L inside the brass, when I push the throttle the L wants to lift up. Is there a good way to keep the L in place?

:confused: dunno about the L...?

The cable should only have a small nob on the end that hooks into the slide. And it should easily slip down the brass adjuster

The cable looks the same as OEM

Post some pics if you can

Maybe I can explain this better. My throttle cable connects to the thumb throttle assembly just fine. Its the other end that gives me problems. The cable runs from the thumb throttle then splits into two seperate cables, one for each carb. At the end of each cable there is an L shaped adjuster which is threaded on both ends. I used one end of the L for adjustment. The other end of the L sits inside the carb top adjuster but when I give the bike full throttle it wants to pull up out of the carb top adjuster.

I haven't got to start the bike yet still waiting on a few parts. Everything is adjusted, the slides open fine. I am not having problems getting the cable into the slide its the adjuster around the cable that is moving causing the cable to open the slide. My worry is that if that L shaped adjuster moves too far up it may hold the slide open.

Maybe I can explain this better. My throttle cable connects to the thumb throttle assembly just fine. Its the other end that gives me problems. The cable runs from the thumb throttle then splits into two seperate cables, one for each carb. At the end of each cable there is an L shaped adjuster which is threaded on both ends. I used one end of the L for adjustment. The other end of the L sits inside the carb top adjuster but when I give the bike full throttle it wants to pull up out of the carb top adjuster.

I haven't got to start the bike yet still waiting on a few parts. Everything is adjusted, the slides open fine. I am not having problems getting the cable into the slide its the adjuster around the cable that is moving causing the cable to open the slide. My worry is that if that L shaped adjuster moves too far up it may hold the slide open.

Never seen a cable looking like that, sounds a bit complicated :confused:

the cable ends should have some little rubber boots that fit snug over the tops

of the adjusters. these keep the cable ends tightly attached to the adjusters and

air tight. are you missing these?

I pulled the boot up so you can see what i am talking about. The end of that L adjuster that slides into the brass likes to come up when given throttle.

The brass adjusters might have to be all the way up. The L should only have a little endplay up and down inside the adjusters.