need some help !

ok i have a few questions first...my banshee is runnin like shit. it seems like it dont have the power it should. it dont even come on and feel the powerband kick in. it wont even list te front tires in first gear hardly. it wont stay idling. i can lay my hand on my left pipe after i ride it and its not even hot enuf to burn. all the mods i have below are what i just done like this is first run time on it. my left side will not run worth a damn. it spits and sputteres and i have oil that flies out my pipes on the back its just coated. my right side is ok the plug is chocolate brown and seems ok. but the left seems like its dumpin a shit ton of fuel. could the left carb be bad and need rebuilt to cause all this? my jetting is 1000ft above sea level. stock pilots air screw 1 1/2 turns needle 3rd clip and 340 mains.

second question. i removed my tors and for my idle screws...they seem to not do shit they dont even hit the slides. do i need to take more off the flat part you had to file down on the carbs for the idle screws?

3rd question. just throwin it in this even tho its not the right section. but i wanna run race fuel and my timing is +5 say i go +7 or 8 and just switch to race fuel is that all i need to do?

Edited by awaitedshee

ok i have a few questions first...my banshee is runnin like shit. it seems like it dont have the power it should. it dont even come on and feel the powerband kick in. it wont even list te front tires in first gear hardly. it wont stay idling. i can lay my hand on my left pipe after i ride it and its not even hot enuf to burn. all the mods i have below are what i just done like this is first run time on it. my left side will not run worth a damn. it spits and sputteres and i have oil that flies out my pipes on the back its just coated. my right side is ok the plug is chocolate brown and seems ok. but the left seems like its dumpin a shit ton of fuel. could the left carb be bad and need rebuilt to cause all this? my jetting is 1000ft above sea level. stock pilots air screw 1 1/2 turns needle 3rd clip and 340 mains.

If the left cylinder is running at all, my bet is on that the carbs are poorly synced. You should be able to set them pretty good by eye, just watch the slides in the lowest position making sure they start moving the same time and dissapear behind the horizontal bore on top, at full throttle excactly the same.

I

i synced them and even used the carb sync tool and still the left side will spit like crazy and the plug is soaking wet i just rebuilt the carb to see if its gonna help it out but who knows. its just dissapointing havin all this new stuff and it runs like a stock one if not worse

i synced them and even used the carb sync tool and still the left side will spit like crazy and the plug is soaking wet i just rebuilt the carb to see if its gonna help it out but who knows. its just dissapointing havin all this new stuff and it runs like a stock one if not worse

How about the reeds? If the small screws that hold them are overtightened the flaps may be open a bit. This could cause some excessive fuel.

they were fine when i installed them and another question...on a fresh rebuild will the compression be low till the rings seat? cause i dont even have a hour on this thing and either my compression tester is shit or somethin but i cant even pull over 100 psi :banghead:

they were fine when i installed them and another question...on a fresh rebuild will the compression be low till the rings seat? cause i dont even have a hour on this thing and either my compression tester is shit or somethin but i cant even pull over 100 psi :banghead:

Theoretically maybe a little lower due to the scratches in the sleves from the honing but you shouldn

yep i torqued em to 20 ft lbs and followed the numbers on the head and each cylinder is reading about 80 psi. its the screw in type and no i kicked only about 7 times

So the right cylinder that runs good also read the same...

Actually most compression testers are for comparing the compression between the cylinders, they aren

yes the right cylinder reads the same also. i mean i just had this rebuilt and dont even have a hour on it and just got porting done and basically just done everything thats in my sig. the only time spent on it was trying to get it running right and i was runnin 40:1 amsoil dominator

yes the right cylinder reads the same also. i mean i just had this rebuilt and dont even have a hour on it and just got porting done and basically just done everything thats in my sig. the only time spent on it was trying to get it running right and i was runnin 40:1 amsoil dominator

We