RUST!

casper

Anyone know a good way to get rust off of chrome? My shearers rusted from our trip to Pismo. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :wacko:

Ya I'm worried about scrathing the shit out of my pipes.

I worry about rust alot. After I clean my quads I usually take a rag and wipe them down with a light coat of WD-40.

flyhighprerunner I know the one your talking about, the Turtle-wax chrome polish. It does work good, I use it and your right about the replacement elbow! lol

I worry about rust alot. After I clean my quads I usually take a rag and wipe them down with a light coat of WD-40.

flyhighprerunner I know the one your talking about, the Turtle-wax chrome polish. It does work good, I use it and your right about the replacement elbow! lol

Neverdull would work great on that, you prolly seen it, its in a can and looks like cotton with some kinda formula made into it. Been around forever and works great and really good on aluminum with some elbow grease.

thats why you guys HAVE to get into the habit of coving your bikes up at night time!~!! that salt water is hard on any exposed metal!!!

Man, you were there with me and let me do it. I washed all of my bikes the day I got back home except my white shee. What a moron! I got most of the rust off yesterday, next weekend I will have to start in with the polish. :banghead:

0000 steel wool and some mothers mag&aluminum polish. I know it says not to use on chrome but it works, at least on Toomey's chrome. If you're worried about scratching the chrome don't use anything. It's gonna get some little stuff in it no matter what. Never-dull also works great but doesn't have that bite sometimes.