Switch relocation

Hey, thanks for the ideas guys............. :biggrin:

YES i second this thought, thanx fellers

• 3 weeks later...

what we did with my dads and bros banshee is got rid of that bulky crap, got a kill switch and bought a little chrome toggle on/off switch for the lights and wired it and put it under the bars. it works great and looks good,hardly noticeable. heres some pics

2788874040103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

2809607340103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

what we did with my dads and bros banshee is got rid of that bulky crap, got a kill switch and bought a little chrome toggle on/off switch for the lights and wired it and put it under the bars. it works great and looks good,hardly noticeable. heres some pics

2788874040103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

2809607340103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

this what im doing but im putting my light switch under my seat ...my only problem is i dont know what wires to connect to get the lights on high beam .... i might have to wait untill my shee is running and just try different wires ...unless someone chimes in the colors are ... yellow, green, blue, and yellow with a red stripe...thanks-dan

1.)what about the run switch thats attached to the lights switch, where is everyone relocating that?

2) i tried to relocate the whole unit on the steering loop like someone mentioned but couldnt get the plastic to sit right after. then i was thinking of relocating the whole unit on the frame in the rear. directly behind your left claf when sitting on the bike below were the fender bracket comes out of the frame. it fits nicely around the frame, and its easy to locate whil riding.

the on off switch i havent decided weather i want a teather kill switch or a type of push button like a yz has ...eather way my on off will still be on the handle bars ..im only relocating my light switch to under the seat ......i would rig it up to where the lights stay on all the time but i like to have the option ..i like to play hide and seek lol .....you fly way ahead of the other rider then hide when they pass you you go and fly by them again lol let them know who is boss.

Here is the one that I have. I am sure it is probably the same one Eman has too since all honda kill switches are the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CR-XR...sspagenameZWDVW

be_2.JPG

yup, thats exactly what i have. And i took a 2 stage toggle and wired my lights to it. high beam and off, and routed it to my tank cover. nice clean look on the bars

blue and yellow are for yout lights and tail light, then the yellow with red stripe is your auxillery power. put the yellow and blue on one side and the yellow with red on the other. when you flip the switch you will power both the headlights and tail light, flip it back and you stop the power

blue and yellow are for yout lights and tail light, then the yellow with red stripe is your auxillery power. put the yellow and blue on one side and the yellow with red on the other. when you flip the switch you will power both the headlights and tail light, flip it back and you stop the power

thanks thats exactly what i needed to know ...i owe you one-dan