Got a different truck

peak-j

Don't mistake the early LLY's with the 06 LLY. The 06 LLY is exactly the same as the LBZ with only programming being the difference. 06 was also the 1st year of the 6 speed Ally. The early (04.5 - 05 ) LLY's were known to overheat at times but not all of them do it. I get 18+ in mine with mixed town and hiway driving.

I have an 05 LLY, with no overheat issues and that is in the California heat and a 29' camp trailer......Like everyone else said, some do, some dont.....no one knows why.

V2 is that overpriced hack job of a radiator someone came up with for the LLYs that over heat.....if i remember correctly anyway.

'06 LBZ here. Gotta love that motor...what an abundance of power.

Very nice truck btw, congrats.

As far as programming goes...I'd reccomend EFI Live. It's insane. Good idea to not power up to much though, don't wanna hurt the Allison like you said. Sounds like you got the right idea, sir. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this thread is kind of old, but im a member of the dieselplace.com i go by Rhall also. Im also Rhall on duramaxdiesels.com, dmaxcentral, and a couple other smaller sights.

Rob

• 1 month later...
I know this thread is kind of old, but im a member of the dieselplace.com i go by Rhall also. Im also Rhall on duramaxdiesels.com, dmaxcentral, and a couple other smaller sights.

Rob

Io heard PPE is the best tuner for them trucks, i like SCT for my powerstroke though.