What should i jet my banshee at?

What should i add next to my banshee?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a 2002 banshee, with a white brothers boost bottle, and dual K&N Air Filers, with no airbox. Where I live the altitude is 7200 feet, the dealer ship jetted it at 180 when i bought it.  Please help!!!!

Pipes and silencers make a HUGE difference. Your next mod should be heads. Especially at your elevation. Your compression must be around 100psi at that elevation. Bring it up to around 160-165psi and you can still run 93 octane and have incredible acceleration. Good luck. Meat has a website w/ some good info on the heads and elevation. Go to the Bansheezone. Anyone have the link??

Yup, Still havent got it working yet, i bought new plugsand replaced the 180s with 185s cause thats what the local dealership said to do. Damn those morons!! Im never gonna listen to them again, so i could do a plug test, but quess what happened, it didnt start!!!! :evil:

Whoops i really butchered that last post, so here it is again. I just bought new mains and relplaced the 180s with 185s the local dealership said that would be the best thing to do i also bought new plugs so i could do a plug test, and when i went to start it, it wouldent even start up. So any ideas on what to do, im thinking about going back to the 180 mains and starting all over again. :roll:

Whoops i really butchered that last post, so here it is again. I just bought new mains and relplaced the 180s with 185s the local dealership said that would be the best thing to do i also bought new plugs so i could do a plug test, and when i went to start it, it wouldent even start up. So any ideas on what to do, im thinking about going back to the 180 mains and starting all over again. :roll:

Main jets have nothing to do w/ starting. They only control wot. Pilots and air screws only control staring and idling. Maybe you forgot to put the equalizer tube between the carbs back on?? Did you swap the bowls??

Did you rejet after ditching the air box? I don't care what your elevation is, you should have rejetted to compensate for more air by going to the K&Ns. It probably won't start because you are too lean on the pilots/airscrews. Did it run fine before you ditched the air box?

Yes, thats what i thought, but the dealership said that i should try to replace the mains also. But i am positive that the equalizer tube is connected between the two carbs, and no i didnt swap the bowls, and to answer lincster's question, yes it did run fine before i ditched the air box, and thats why the dealership said to rejet the mains, since i ditched the airbox.

Did you check to see if your getting spark? Wet plugs? Fouled plugs??Slides in backwards?? Little black box above left exhaust disconnected?? If those are fine then I'd try turning your airscrew in or even put a larger pilot and go from there.

Yea, the plugs should be just fine, since i just bought them this weekend, and it hasnt even been running since this weekend, so the plugs are brand new, but i will check the other things you mentioned and let you know, how it goes