Plug Chop Procedure Question

Hello All,

I tried doing searches about this for about an hour on HQ. Didn't find a distinct answer. I hope somebody has some experience at this and can describe the difference in the two methods if anything.

The Plug Chop How-to in the FAQ section does not specify that the throttle should be release when doing a plug chop. Some other information I found on dirtrider.net says that it should and that the results will be bad if you don't. See the link below and the tuning section of the article.

http://www.justkdx.dirtrider.net/printcarbtuning.html

What do you guess think?

Thanks,

Ryan

i have heard guys hold the throttle open after you kill it, but it doesnt make much sense. Holding it open with the motor dead but the thing stil turning is going to draw A/F in which will make a coat on the plug. I do the run and let off the gas when i kill it

Here is my revised Plug Chop How-To using the HQ FAQ procedure and some other information that I gathered. I think it might help some of the people who are trying plug chops for the first time. I am not sure how to get the plug picture to show up in this thread but I included it as an attachment. Later, Ryan

2-Stroke Plug Chop How-To:

1. Get new spark plug(s), but don't put them in yet.

2. Warm up motor to operating temp on old plugs.

3. Install new plugs.

4. Accelerate through all gears to top gear with throttle pinned (try to use a high gear if not top gear

post-24629-1212784777.jpg