engine noise need help

i just rebuilt my engine with .40 over and an new wiseco crank. everything installed right to the t but get a knocking noise when running. noise isnt really noticeable unless sitting at idle. sounds like in the jugs but cant tell for sure. is it normal to hear engine noise or tranny noise over the engine? i have a buddy with the same setup and sounds close and another buddy at stock but not near as loud. after the secong engine overhaul in 2 months i dont need an more problems. any ideas would be nice.

i just rebuilt my engine with .40 over and an new wiseco crank. everything installed right to the t but get a knocking noise when running. noise isnt really noticeable unless sitting at idle. sounds like in the jugs but cant tell for sure. is it normal to hear engine noise or tranny noise over the engine? i have a buddy with the same setup and sounds close and another buddy at stock but not near as loud. after the secong engine overhaul in 2 months i dont need an more problems. any ideas would be nice.

You probably need to measure youre squish band to see if you are maybe way out of tolerance and have the piston hitting the head. :confused:

i know its not skirt slap or anything to do with tolerences with the jugs or crank. i mic'd everything and its within specs. crank is brand new. locoal shop just said its normal for these machines to make some noise when everything is that tight. still sounds weird though.