long travel shocks?

trav-99

i recently installed long travel laeger arms. the shocks i had for them ended up be'ing too short. so i need new shocks.

i called my shops parts supplier "parts unlimited" about Works shocks.

Works don't make long travel pro series, pro g series, black widows, or any other LT shock for banshees.

Fox, also has nothing listed for long travel setups. but i'll be calling them on monday to confirm and see if they'll make me a set.

i have only found T.C.S. and Elka's listed so far. anyone know where i can find another option? or if Works or Fox's are availible in long travel?

not a fan of elka's... besides, the red will clash with my blue/silver. ha,ha

i called fox, waiting for an answer back on prices to make them for me.

i also called works direct. they don't have them listed anywhere, but they will make them upon request. pro g's, pro's series, blackwidows or whatever you want.

i also called t.c.s/racetech. they don't have resy's or rebound adjustment on there's. they said in about 2-3 months they'll have new models out that will have these adjustments.

this just in...

FOX returned the call. FOX does have long travel evo's to fit my laegers!

if anyone else is interested, they are the SAME as raptor 700 long travel shocks built for Gibson arms. fox part no# 830-21-029evol. 18" eye to eye / 12" compressed / 6" stroke, these are the specs.

i smell a product review coming up soon. :happy:

yea, threads like that are dumb.

and people who make stupid replies "micheal" before reading the whole thread are even dumber!

the question is who makes LT shocks other than elka. do a search you'll find 100 adds for elka. no one other than elka, and tcs lists LT shocks for a banshee.

no one knows my riding style or ability, so who can tell me what i need? no one but myself. besides, a good shock company custom biulds there shocks for the riders style.

i ride fox evol's on our r&d machine on the weekends and love them. never had any issues. thats why i bit the bullet, and ordered FOX EVOL's. second choice was Ohlin's. cause i use them on my cannondales and they work great as well. fox's are alot more plush and the adjustability blows all other shocks off the track.

also, did you know fox has been around longer than elka? fox shocks have been around since the late 70's on motorcycles.

thanks for the input.

Edited by trav-99

i've spent the last 2+ weeks do'ing research, making phone calls, shopping the web sites, in search of all long travel shock options and comparing prices. thought i would post some of this to help, or save time for anyone else who tries this upgrade. or is curious on what is available. as i was curious 3 weeks ago.

elka's are good, just like most other shocks in that price range. most of my racing buddies/partners that have elka's said elka's were under sprung at first, but elka quickly fixed them with no charge except shipping.

but personally, i would go with Works Pro series, or blackwidows before buy'ing elka's.

and i'd buy Ohlin's before Works, and Axis, is just crazy priced, forget them unless your sponsored.