what octane gas

got a 4 mill stroker stock jug, lil bore 210 lbs compression 4+ timing what for gas yiou recomend dont know what size domes

wow 210 pounds is ALOT. They rip on the bottom with that much compression but never rev out to to top. Your going to need to run 110 leaded to stop deto.

get down to 150 pounds of compression and run 2 gallons of 110 leaded with 3 gallons of 85 octane pump gas.

The higher the octane the cooler the fuel, which is a power loss. You need to find a common ground. Which is why i run the lead, Now you got HOT fuel with an anti-deto.

Edited by slc_hillshooter

wow 210 pounds is ALOT. They rip on the bottom with that much compression but never rev out to to top. Your going to need to run 110 leaded to stop deto.

get down to 150 pounds of compression and run 2 gallons of 110 leaded with 3 gallons of 85 octane pump gas.

The higher the octane the cooler the fuel, which is a power loss. You need to find a common ground. Which is why i run the lead, Now you got HOT fuel with an anti-deto.

wtf are you talking about? race gas = lose of power? I have never once heard a claim that higher octane = lose in power, please explain this. octane is the messurment of its resistance to detonation.

now i do agree that 210 compressionis pretty high but i wouldnt drop it to 150, i would maybe go down to 180 or so. What size domes are you running? and what elevation are you at?

• 1 year later...

My banshee has a +4 stroker crank and I am running with 19cc domes which my last compression test gave a reading of around 210 lbs of compression. My cylinders are bored at 64.50mm. I run at least 110 octane fuel. I'm around 800ft above sea level. I don't use a timing plate but I do have a Dynatek FS CDI unit on timing curve 3. I have no problems with detonation either.

I originally had my 'shee set for 185 lbs of compression but for some reason my compression increased to 210 after break in. 210 is pretty high but the 'shee is pretty damn snappy with the low end.

Maybe this will help. ;)

Edited by Misssppelllleddd

well its gonna be really snappy at the low but twith that kind of compression its fighting itself to rev oiut high......drop it to like like eh 180 20cc dome...... ull love ur bike alot more.. and itll last too..

210? damn, run some deisel, lol......seroiusly though, i know, even first-hand, that higher octane will net lower power, when you go higher that what is needed. now, a motor that needs higher octane will make more tq. than one that needs less resistance, just to clarify....