engine problem.. PLEASE HELP!

I took the bike out for the first time today and it ran like shit. It was hard to start then once it warmed up anything more than 1/8 throttle it would bog out and sputter all over the place, floor it and it would almost die. It didnt get any better as the day went on. quite a let down and i rode my buddies yfz450 and loved it. The banshee really let me down. I pulled the plugs when i got home and they are both wet, and have dark black crust.

Heres a pic (NGK Br8eix)

Banshee009.jpg

What do you think is the problem? I mean it was damn near unrideable and now that its home i cant get it to start without a push start. Also I think my exhaust is spitting black liquid at the joints.

This thing was a little loose on the left side as well when i checked it

Banshee012.jpg

Im pretty disappointed, please turn me onto 2 strokes lol. Im so fed up with its performance today...

Anybody live in nj and know a lot about banshees? If you want to come over and make a few bucks to get this thing running right let me know!

Edited by Blackwizard22

It has prociruit pipes, v force reeds, boost bottle, and KN filter. I dont know what the jets are, I have to drop the bowls and look. do they have numbers printed on them?

you will see numbers on the jets. the main , pilot the needle will have letters.

It has prociruit pipes, v force reeds, boost bottle, and KN filter. I dont know what the jets are, I have to drop the bowls and look. do they have numbers printed on them?
I believe we have the problem. :blink:

Yea, depending on your mods, altitude etc...probably need smaller mains, check the pilot, maybe start with a 320 main and a 25 pilot, maybe a 27.5 pilot, middle clip position and do a plug chop. Jetting your 'shee is almost free.....wait till the old 450 breaks....you could buy a shee for the repair costs of a 4-stroker :cool:

Edited by BaNsHeEs RuLe!

ok well I pulled the carb off and it has 300 mains and it was very clean inside. I changed out the plugs and gapped them to .030. i took the gas tank off and cleaned it out and put new fresh fuel in it. I hooked eveything back up and it started up and ran good. I let it idle for a while and then it died. I check and it had fuel. I started it back up and let it run, then when i went to throttle it, it bogged and died.

It seems to only exhibit these problems after its warmed up, when the engine is cold it runs and revs fine.

The fuel i mixed is 32:1 4 gallons of 92 octane and 16 oz of oil yamalube.

I changed the trans fluid and put in new 75w90 mobil 1 at 1.8 quarts.

What is going on here?

Im not sure what could be causing it to act like this. I may end up taking this thing to the yamaha dealer to have their mechanics fix it since it seems like im getting no where.