Routine maintenance

Hey guys i searched the forum and couldnt find an exact answer to my question. Im new to the world of 2 stroke and would like to know what you guys do after every ride, every month, every year as far as maintenance is concerned on your banshees. I just picked up an 03 and it seems to run great and has no problems. I would like to keep it this way. I ordered the Haynes manual for it and it should be in shortly but in the mean time, what do you do?

Also what fluid are you running in the crankcase? It seems like mine has some sort of gear oil in it. Also what is your favorite 2 stroke oil and what mix do you prefer?

Thanks!

Hey guys i searched the forum and couldnt find an exact answer to my question. Im new to the world of 2 stroke and would like to know what you guys do after every ride, every month, every year as far as maintenance is concerned on your banshees. I just picked up an 03 and it seems to run great and has no problems. I would like to keep it this way. I ordered the Haynes manual for it and it should be in shortly but in the mean time, what do you do?

Also what fluid are you running in the crankcase? It seems like mine has some sort of gear oil in it. Also what is your favorite 2 stroke oil and what mix do you prefer?

Thanks!

After every ride, clean the entire bike. Dirt and sand can put a hurting on any bike. Clean filters (if you have k&n's, oil them), grease any grease points, clean and lube chain, spray off brakes, change transmission gear oil every few rides........Just normal preventitive maintenance.

You said you ordered a Haynes manual. Did you mean Clymer's, or was it a Haynes. Clymer's is most preferred on this website.

Gear case lube, any 2-Stroke transmission and clutch oil. Personal preference. Try not to get heavy oils, it will make your clutch grab too hard.

Most everyone on here mixes 32:1. Again, personal preference. BelRay, Maxima, whatever you like.

ah i would say like a 40 weight for the crankcase... after rides like stroker said CLEAN IT take pride in cleanin the shee it'll stay lookin good. 2 stroke oils i personally run nothing but amsoil IMO you cant get any better 2 stroke oil. check motor mount bolts and give everything a good tug frequently grease all the joints(thats why they have grease zerks) \. every once in a while check your plugs and make sure your plugs are still lookin good

Ok well so far I greased all the Zerk fittings. Cleaned the plugs, BTW what does everyone run for plugs? The bike is VERY clean. I cleaned the KN filter, lubed and cleaned the chain with pjs, filled the coolant res., checked a;;t he adjustment screws, lubricated the throttle assembly, checked crankcase level (it was good), and check all the tire pressures, 4.4lbs front 3.6 rear. The bike starts on the second kick every time.

Are there seperate area to put trnas fluid and crankcase fluid? Or are they both located under the side dipstick?

32:1 is the preferred and amsoil is the best?

Only run 92 octane premium correct?

Ok well so far I greased all the Zerk fittings. Cleaned the plugs, BTW what does everyone run for plugs? The bike is VERY clean. I cleaned the KN filter, lubed and cleaned the chain with pjs, filled the coolant res., checked a;;t he adjustment screws, lubricated the throttle assembly, checked crankcase level (it was good), and check all the tire pressures, 4.4lbs front 3.6 rear. The bike starts on the second kick every time.

For gas, run b8es or br8es plugs

Are there seperate area to put trnas fluid and crankcase fluid? Or are they both located under the side dipstick?

Only oil in the motor is the trans fluid. That is why you have to mix oil in the gas. The motor gets oil from the gas unlike a 4 stroke.

32:1 is the preferred and amsoil is the best?

32:1 seems to be a popular ration, and as far as amsoil being the best, that is up for debate.. Just buy what you have readily available and dont worry about it as long as it is for a motorcyle you will be fine. I have run yamalube, redline, belray, all worked fine.

Only run 92 octane premium correct?

if bike is stock, then yeah, 92 is good