eazy pull

Yes, i have easy pulls on both my bikes and they are nice. I got the perch and lever with a bearing in it from FAST also. Give jeff a call and order them they are nice. Now i have to ask, because it makes a huge diff, but did you lube the cable really well. when i first put the fast clutch in my bros bike, i also installed a new cable at the same time. I grabbed the handle before i lubed it just to check the actuation, and I could barely pull the clutch in. Lubed it up really well and it was 10 times easier. Jeff sells the cable luber kits, and they are a really handy little tool to have. I give a good 5 second blast untill i see lube running out the other end of the cable. I do it after every weekend of riding. try it.

Yes, i have easy pulls on both my bikes and they are nice. I got the perch and lever with a bearing in it from FAST also. Give jeff a call and order them they are nice. Now i have to ask, because it makes a huge diff, but did you lube the cable really well. when i first put the fast clutch in my bros bike, i also installed a new cable at the same time. I grabbed the handle before i lubed it just to check the actuation, and I could barely pull the clutch in. Lubed it up really well and it was 10 times easier. Jeff sells the cable luber kits, and they are a really handy little tool to have. I give a good 5 second blast untill i see lube running out the other end of the cable. I do it after every weekend of riding. try it.

thanks ill try that i need one anyways for mine and my girls quad

post-20614-1209897084_thumb.jpg

i run a magura hydraulic clutch and even with hd springs it's easy to pull, a bit costly though

i have been really tempted to try one of these just for giggles. I dont see many guys running them, but im sure it has to do with the cost. it makes sense that the pull would be easier just for the simple fact of no friction from the cable running in a tube. Are there any maintenance related issues with these?

I had a thread about the Magura hydros. I just erased the thread yesterday. But, everybody that had them talked very highly about them. And people that didn't have them, knocked them. A good point was brought up, though. If you don't run the hydrolic line in a good spot, it could melt on a pipe or get snagged on something. And if you're out at the dunes or whatever, the vendors don't carry them. But, you can buy a stainless steel braided line to solve that problem. They're about $20-30. Personally, I plan on buying a Magura with S/S line in the future. I just bought a set of ASV-C5 levers. Believe it or not, the ASV clutch lever and perch actually made my clutch a little easier to pull. And you can also adjust it so the bike doesn't creep forward when in gear.

Who carries the magura line? Was the stainless replacement line a magura product or someone elses? Thanks for any info

Here's one at RMATV, made by Magura. It's a little more than I thought. They're $54.95. The only thing that I don't like about them, is they ain't coated with clear rubber. So, they might fray or get dirt stuck in them. Maybe you can get it coated for cheap.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...odFamilyId=8803

I had a thread about the Magura hydros. I just erased the thread yesterday. But, everybody that had them talked very highly about them. And people that didn't have them, knocked them. A good point was brought up, though. If you don't run the hydrolic line in a good spot, it could melt on a pipe or get snagged on something. And if you're out at the dunes or whatever, the vendors don't carry them. But, you can buy a stainless steel braided line to solve that problem. They're about $20-30. Personally, I plan on buying a Magura with S/S line in the future. I just bought a set of ASV-C5 levers. Believe it or not, the ASV clutch lever and perch actually made my clutch a little easier to pull. And you can also adjust it so the bike doesn't creep forward when in gear.

Like he says... I have one and I love it. I got my used off e-bay and the slave cylinder leaked a little, still usable just I had to keep toping up the fluid. I ran it like that for a year then got a new cylinder, since then I haven't had any problems with it. I have the original plastic line and it seems pretty tough so I don't think I would bother getting the braided line unless I actually had a problem. I'd be more conserned about breaking the lever or the master cylinder in a crash. For this reason I carry my old standard lever and cable in my tool box whenever I go out, but I've never needed it so far (knock on wood) :biggrin:

Edited by Ruko

do you have to use thier levers on the mag setup? also do they have a bleeder valve for getting air out like a brake or what?

They are a pain in the ass when they brake in the dune, found that out the hard way. A guy was riding with us on his KTM dirtbike and he had to smallest crashes and it cracked his open, cost him 200 bucks and that wasnt at the dunes. so his weekend was ruined by basically a nothing crash