District 6 racing

I was just wondering how many people on here race harescrambles in District 6? I use to race bikes a couple of years ago and was wondering how many guys on here race. Tried racing Blasters but that just didnt work very well and was thinking about trying the Shee. If anybody does I would like to talk about setups and different tracks that are good for quads.

I race for ATVCCS down here in texas and to be true with you, a banshee is not the best choice for X/C. But with enough mods, anything can be used. Mine is still mostly stock as far as suspension. Suspension is the main thing you need in x/c racing. I can keep up with the 450's but it is hard. Real hard. Even stock 450's have much better suspension and can fly through the trails easier. I think some long travel front suspension is pretty much a must in x/c. I think if you go with some long travel, pipes for low end, nerfs, full skids, steering stabilizer, and some fasst flex handlebars, you will be in good shape if it's nothing like the GNCC or somthing big like that. My next mod will be some fasst flex bars. My friend's yfz has them and it is sooooo much easier on you when it get's real bumpy. But a 450 would be an easier way to go. unless the shee has a lot of suspension mods. It is not impossible to race the banshee. I enjoy being the only banshee/2-stroke out there on the track. It shows true skill if you can take a stock suspensioned 20 year old 2-stroke and keep up with the new 450 4-strokes with long travel and elkas all the way around in tight & twisty trails. I grew up on 2-strokes and I'm going to keep riding them until they stop making top-ends and 2-stroke oil. It's your choice. Whatever quad you are comfortable on. But stock for stock, a 450 will be easier and faster through the trails. Just my 2 cents.

-Josh( #199)

• 2 weeks later...

I have it +4 now with elkas. I'm not looking to get into hardcore like I did. Just want to do a race here and there. When I did race before I had a stock YZ80 with a pipe and rad valves. Like the banshee nothing but top end. I would whoop the sh*t out of guys with thousnds of dollars into their bikes. Its all rider especialy in harescrambles. Like I said not looking to go pro just go out and have some fun here and there. Just miss the adraline rush of racing so Ill use what I have

• 2 years later...

I used to race D6 alittle back in 2007 in WV, PA, I had a blast but then the military moved me to AK unfortunately. Hopefully I will be back in a couple years. They only have MX here and is taking a toll on me. I miss harescrambles. One advantage is I am getting better on bikes since i am not really into MX much.