To all those that contributed to my repairs and build!

gentner8

After MANY PIA's, the banshee is alive and ripping! It may be mild compared to many of your rides, but it gets my eyes watering and the hands trembling. I just need to adjust an off idle bog and I should be good to go! If I want to richen up the air screws, which way should I turn them?

Here are the before and after shots. Its a shame the previous owner never heard of maintenance!!

If I want to richen up the air screws, which way should I turn them?

Turning the air screw clockwise reduces the amount of air and turning the air screw counter-clockwise increases the amount of air in the pilot system.

Warm up your engine, then adjust the idle slightly higher than normal. Turn the airscrews in until they seat and then back them 1/4 turn and let the engine stabilize. Keep turning the airscrews out a 1/4 turn at a time, allowing the engine time to stabilize between changes, until the engine reaches its highest RPM. The air screws should be between 1 and 2-2.5 turns out. If the highest RPM is less than 1 turn (lean), install a larger pilot jet. If the highest RPM is more than 2-2.5 turns out (rich), install a smaller pilot.

I forgot to add that I am running 28mm pwk's from keihin. since they are a different make, do I still turn the screw in to richen it up?

Also, what size do my pix need to be to show up?

BTW, the meaning of the post was to say thanks for all the help from the HQ members. Many beers and the arrival of pizza made me forget my objective.

SO THANKS FELLAS!!!

Edited by gentner8