too much paddle?

xsinnerx

I have searched and searched and ended up giving myself a headache trying to find out what to run, I weigh 170lbs, have a kevin Herr dune ported stock juggs, 33 PWK's and pods, Noss head with 18 cc domes, vf3 reeds, timing advanced +4, +4 swingarm, T-5's. I do a little duning but mostly some friendly flat ground drag racing on sand with buddies, I can get a good deal on some used but fairly new 21-12-8 10 paddle bead to bead haulers. Is that too much tire for my set up? I can also pick up some 21-12-8 8 paddle haulers, which of the 2 would be better for me and if neither would be good and I bought new, what would be the best size for my setup? thanks a lot guys!!!

I have searched and searched and ended up giving myself a headache trying to find out what to run, I weigh 170lbs, have a kevin Herr dune ported stock juggs, 33 PWK's and pods, Noss head with 18 cc domes, vf3 reeds, timing advanced +4, +4 swingarm, T-5's. I do a little duning but mostly some friendly flat ground drag racing on sand with buddies, I can get a good deal on some used but fairly new 21-12-8 10 paddle bead to bead haulers. Is that too much tire for my set up? I can also pick up some 21-12-8 8 paddle haulers, which of the 2 would be better for me and if neither would be good and I bought new, what would be the best size for my setup? thanks a lot guys!!!

hey buddy, umm it depends if you are going to use it on soft heavy sand go with the 8's if other than that like hard packed sand go with 10's thats a good size selection go with the 21-12-8's either or u can go with the 10's for sand but u might have to run a couple of different gearing options also it will take a little top end off but will get u out of the hole faster

SoCal you have your 14mill? How does it run, Cam builds a mean ass bike, We used to have one of his 4mil cubs and it put a beating on quite a few bigger bikes.

I'm not sure how it runs yet... The motor is done, but my frame hasn't made it to my pad yet. I've heard a bunch of really good things about Cameron, and I have very high hopes that this bike will live up to the hype. I'm sure that it will be fast, but it's how fast that I'm curious about.

I have the 21x12 8 paddle version and am happy with my choice. We seem to have a similar setup but my riding is SoCal dunes exclusively.

Maybe if you were dragging shorter hills, an extra couple of paddles would be good for a harder launch but on the longer hills I race, I make the difference up pretty quickly....

well I went with the 21-12-8 8 paddle haulers, havent had a chance to try them out yet, hopefully Monday I will be able to. I'm sure I'll be happier with them than the 20-10-10 sand skate ll's I have on now. The sand I ride in is pretty soft and deep, what tire pressure do you guys recomend??

well I went with the 21-12-8 8 paddle haulers, havent had a chance to try them out yet, hopefully Monday I will be able to. I'm sure I'll be happier with them than the 20-10-10 sand skate ll's I have on now. The sand I ride in is pretty soft and deep, what tire pressure do you guys recomend??

I finaly got a chance to try the haulers and I couldnt be any happier, I used to lose to my friend by quite a few lengths when we would drag race and after I bolted these things on I would holeshot him big time and keep pulling on him the whole way down. I went from losing by 5-10 lengths to beating him by 5-10 lengths, tottaly impressed with the tires!!!