yfz suspension

chris c

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you running standard travle banshee shocks?

Derick

Actually I think they are standard length, but they are setup for my +2+1's. Is "Long Travel" a certain length? If so maybe I can get mine re-done as long travel....I mainly ride trails, but would like the longer travel and better setup!

The standard banshee shocks on yfz arms make it sit low bro. As the lower shock mount is a few inches lower down on the arm. If your going to run the quicksand+2+1's with YFZ shocks you will be fine unless your 100 pounds soaking with with gum boots on :biggrin: then it will be cock stiff.

The standard banshee shocks on yfz arms make it sit low bro. As the lower shock mount is a few inches lower down on the arm. If your going to run the quicksand+2+1's with YFZ shocks you will be fine unless your 100 pounds soaking with with gum boots on :biggrin: then it will be cock stiff.

:biggrin:

I am going to put it together and see how it works. I will take alot of before and after pics to see if it sits any different. Last question: Can I use my tie rod ends on the 450 spindles ???

When doing the conversion, I use my stock banshee spindles? Right?

Yes, they bolt right up. You can use the yfz spindles and calipers too if you want to. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
With the yfz setup, you have to get longer tie rods. RIGHT?????? I picked up a whole yfz front suspension, all the a arms and 2 shocks for $250. Just wondering exactly what all I'll need for the swap.

Some parts! And as it happens I can help you out!!! You scored a smoking deal on that front end by the way! The stock tie rods will usually work (every frame is minutely different), but usually leave little to no room for adjustment. Not only because I sell them, but I would recommend the spacer/sleeves I made up for the conversion and the NOSS tie rods. You can get all of this from me. Spacer/sleeves sell for $50 shipped and I can add NOSS tie rods for another $45, no extra shipping cost. Everything is sent via Priority Mail, so you get it real fast! I can give you several very happy people who are running my parts on their 450 front ends. Thanks! - Brian

I run brians spacers and there freakin awesome, i also run the noss t-rods and they work great to and are thick ass hell.

Ive had my 450 front end on for a while now and all i do is tight trails with no problem with ground clearence as mine only sits an inch lower then stock (i like it a tad lower) and trust me i ride the shit outa my bike and mostly are following 4x4 quads up here in the rocky mountains. I recommend it. To anyone that had one and sold it is retarded imo because they didn't have it setup right and bitched that it was too low.

Here is my set up as some peeps have seen.

BlackquadnowHEEEYAAAAAAAA002.jpg