PODS and carbs question

Is there a better choice between the Uni foam pods and the K&N's? I have a set of both and wondering which ones to hold on to. My shee is going for desert only pretty much so not sure if one is better than the other so wanted to ask.

Also curious about the stock carbs. How far can you really go with them due to their size. Say with a full dune port, shearers, decked head with about 165 comp when is it time to go bigger and how much bigger is needed? Thanks

I run the uni's on mine, I think the K&N's make more power but I think the uni's keep the dirt and sand out better. Seems like the K&N's need about one jet size larger than the uni's on the same setup. For your carbs, I would recommend the TM32 Mikunis because they are easy to tune and are the same carb body as the TM34's so they can be bored to 35.5's if you ever decide you want bigger ones and you can get them for about $100 less than PWK's. Just my .02

Think there may be a reason the uni's plug faster??? Maybe stopping more dust from entering your engine! For the $ of K&N's you can get two sets of uni's and pack the spares with you. An other option on your carbs is to have your stockers taper-bored to 27.5mm, for an all around play bike I think that would be a good low cost alternative to new carbs.

Think there may be a reason the uni's plug faster??? Maybe stopping more dust from entering your engine! For the $ of K&N's you can get two sets of uni's and pack the spares with you. An other option on your carbs is to have your stockers taper-bored to 27.5mm, for an all around play bike I think that would be a good low cost alternative to new carbs.

I had thought about getting the carbs done but I read a lot about them being a real PITA to jet right. I was hoping to just wait out a little and go with 30-33mm carbs but thats why I was curious how far the stockers will get me for now. I guess the dune season is coming to an end soon as well so the shee will be held up for a while where I can def do more damage to it. Thanks for the UNI and K&N tips, I kinda thought uni's might be better for the desert due to the fine sand but wasnt sure.

I think where guys run into problems with overbored stockers is when they go to 28+mm, it leaves an air gap on either side of the slide that screws with things. If you had them done to 27.5 they should be no more difficult to jet than now, up 1 or 2 on the mains. I personally am going to go with the 32TM's on my dune ported stock stroke...50%dune,50%drag