RZ banshee guys

When you take the right-hand powervalve outer cover off to see the ends of the cables and the black plastic cam thing that they attach to, you'll see a kind of fork shape to it pointing upwards-ish. In the round housing behind it there's a dowel hole about 1/8" in diameter or so. To adjust the cables you want to rotate that black plastic cam (which rotates the powervalves) until the arm on the cam aligns with the dowel hole in the housing. Stick an allen wrench or drill bit in there that fits snugly, and adjust the two cables until there is NO play. Think I've got a pic somewhere if you need it. Good luck.

Hey, I am new to the site but i was wondering what is all invalved with the RZ head convertion? I was informed that the head could mate to the stock cylenders but that doesnt sound right.

Also what performance diferences has anyone seen with this convertion? thanks!

When you take the right-hand powervalve outer cover off to see the ends of the cables and the black plastic cam thing that they attach to, you'll see a kind of fork shape to it pointing upwards-ish. In the round housing behind it there's a dowel hole about 1/8" in diameter or so. To adjust the cables you want to rotate that black plastic cam (which rotates the powervalves) until the arm on the cam aligns with the dowel hole in the housing. Stick an allen wrench or drill bit in there that fits snugly, and adjust the two cables until there is NO play. Think I've got a pic somewhere if you need it. Good luck.

thats what I sorta gathered. the manual was reading to hit a main switch to test and all this other stuff and I got lost. So it sits in the "pinned" position off, but when I turn it on, it rotates clockwise about a half inch, does that sound about right? When I turn it back off, it returns right in alignment with that pin hole.

Hey, I am new to the site but i was wondering what is all invalved with the RZ head convertion? I was informed that the head could mate to the stock cylenders but that doesnt sound right.

Also what performance diferences has anyone seen with this convertion? thanks!

An RZ head will not mount to yfz 350 cylinders. I have no idea what the advantage of that could even possibly be. Having the cylinders are pretty sweet though, I most definatly am not regreting the swap.

not to jack this thred but i have had a chance to take both the bikes out together.

first is a 02 same bolt on's as my RZ besides carbs, i ran 5 of them 450's a yfz, Z450 2 hondas and a kawi. the o2 came up about a bike short of them all off the line with a 2nd gear start and i couldnt pull any of them in i go to the trailer and get the RZshee now we all lined up again with a 3rd gear start and the story takes a change. the power the rz has it out in front of all besides the kawi and and they couldnt pull me in. the kawi we stayed together all the way down and every race before i got into it the kawi took first with them all. im running 30mm carbs and in 5th there drying up, the track isnt long enouph to get into 6th but i would think the rz would pull from them all up there if we had the room.

i didnt change the trans in the rz and went with a 12/41 gearing the o2 has 13/41

RZ has 30mm carbs with K&N the o2 stock jetting with K&N

RZ stock bore the o2 is 20 over

both are on PT mids and were running on a sand/dirt mix 32-1 on benol / 93octain and im 240lbs

next time im going out there one of the guys is bring a 410 banshee to see where the RZs at with it but i will have rockets, reeds, and duel pingal on there buy then. will take the camra also

BennBB thanks for all your help getting it here.

Edited by DILUSI