Best Shocks

Rex789

What are the best shocks for dune riding? I've been searching and ive read a lot of good things about ELKA, but the application guide on their website is kinda confusing me. It says stock length for the front shocks, but im planning on getting +2 +1 A-Arms, so would the shocks still fit? I'm also getting either a +2 or +4 swingarm, so would the rear shock fit? They are expensive as hell but ive read they make a world of a difference. I'd Appreciate any suggestions or help on this or any other recommendations of companies that make good shocks (for less money). I'f i go with the ELKA i'd go all out and get the Pre-load, Hi- & Low-Speed Compression, Rebound.

Also- any one have any experience with the shocks that are on cascades website?

Heres the chart from ELKA's site: http://www.elkasuspension.com/products/spo...atv-chart.html#

all shocks stock,+2+1, +3+1 are the same length they are just sprung and valved diff for the diff leverage that gets put on them by longer a-arms. When you start to get into long travel a-arms that is when your shock is going to be a diff length for the long travel. But for the run of the mill non long travel extended a-arms your shocks are the same length as your stockers.

Now for your swingarm if you extend it out it buts more leverage on your rear shock and it needs to be revalved with a after market company like TCS for the + whatever you do

thanx for the reply, would i have to get my front shocks revalved also?

If your buying new front shocks your going to buy them already valved for your weight, riding style, and what ever length your extended a-arms are. Best thing to do is call a company and tell them what you have and they will ask you a whole bunch a questions and set your shocks up right. I am sure some of the site sponsors can hook you up with what you need. TCS is a good company with decent prices IMO

TCS is defenetly cheaper than ELKA, but TCS doesn't offer a rear shock on their website? Could I just use TCS for my front shocks and ELKA for my rear? Or should I just go all out with the ELKA setup? Anyone have any experience with either of their products?

Does TCS make a rear shock for the banshee tho? cuz its not listed on their site. also whats the Linkage on the ELKA site for $595? I wouldn't have the money until june, you think both companies would be really backed up by then?

Does TCS make a rear shock for the banshee tho? cuz its not listed on their site. also whats the Linkage on the ELKA site for $595? I wouldn't have the money until june, you think both companies would be really backed up by then?

Yes, they make a rear shock, or they can revalve your OEM shock. :thumbsup: