las vegas dunes

my girl and i are headed to vegas at the end of april for a week to get married and i was wondering if anybody had ever ridden the dunes around there? we found some places that rent bikes and we are wondering if its worth it. i wish i could take the shees but we are flying.

Either go to armagosa big dune or dumont. If you go to duneguide.com it will tell you how to get there and the weather conditions for any dune location. All you have to do is look up each location by state. I rented from one of those places and they had decent bikes. byopt bring your own paddle tires :biggrin:

It is definately worth the extra time and money to make the trip to Amargosa or Dumont. Amargosa is about an hour and fifteen minutes up highway US-95 N and Dumont is about an hour and a half up NV-160 towards Pahrump, then turn left onto CA-127.

I have heard good things about ATV Dune 'n Desert (www.atvdunendesert.com). The bikes they rent out seem half decent and do not appear to be ragged out too much. They are out at Amargosa Valley and may make trips to Dumont (not sure though). Last I have seen, those guys had paddles on their bikes, but who knows... :confused:

It will be much warmer at the end of the month in Vegas, but not too hot to ride all day! I might be out there myself, who knows. :evil:

Best of luck with the wedding and spend lots of money!

i go to armagosa all the time. im going the 18.and maybe stay a few days.. and its a really good place to ride if you beat everyone out there to the babysoft sand.other than that. the wind never kicks up to resurface the dunes.my last trip sucked, the dunes were really tore up and all the sand at the bottom of comp was gone and left ALL the rocks..other than that its a really good place to ride and you dont have to worry about all the people at dumont.

Bellicose recommended the armagosa dunes and it was a great day--only 2 other people out there the 4 hours we were there. I had rented a stock 400ex with paddles--enough to get you up some hills. The wife loved it because we were getting sick of all the tourist shit(needed to get out of town). check on prices-the 450s were a extra $100 back in november. The trip is well worth the added cosr of vegas. We will be out in vegas the 12th to 18th last trip out there for awhile--little one on the way!! Congrats

Edited by scuba147