minus 1 inch swingarm

buy a chain cutter ??????????

you mean a grinder to grind the rivet flush with the link and then hit with a small punch and separate one link.

do it one link at a time don't get carried away. save the o-rings for the master link..the master link o-rings get eaten.

you mean a grinder to grind the rivet flush with the link and then hit with a small punch and separate one link.

do it one link at a time don't get carried away. save the o-rings for the master link..the master link o-rings get eaten.

Thats how I do it. Works good, dont take a finger off though :down:

15 bux and I can pop a link out in about 20 seconds without having power or anything. great if your trying to fix something out in the dunes and don't have access to power but have the parts to fix it.

yes a chain cutter!!! you can buy the damn things anywhere, do some research.

yes there is always a proper tool for the job. but I live a hour from a town that would have a chain cutter so i have had to iprovice.

just making a suggestion for, if the guy was in a pinch. yes the proper tool will work better. but if time is tight get out the grinder.

only do one link at a time and don't get carried away .

:thumbsup: later boys

yes there is always a proper tool for the job. but I live a hour from a town that would have a chain cutter so i have had to iprovice.

just making a suggestion for, if the guy was in a pinch. yes the proper tool will work better. but if time is tight get out the grinder.

only do one link at a time and don't get carried away .

:thumbsup: later boys

Grinders work fine too. I have a chain breaker but I don't have a grinder so I use it instead. There are lots of things that work in a pinch and if it works it works. Just like I guy I work with said once, "a hammer is a tool, therefore all tools are hammers" when we didn't have a sledge but had a steel 36" pipe wrench that got the job done.