First time at dunes

rtcc

Hey guys,

ok I am planning on taking my first trip out to Little Sahara in OK in the next month or so. I have never been to the dunes so Im not 100% sure what to expect.

First off I have to pick out some tires.

My bike is setup for trails and MXing more than anything. I dont really plan on dragging but just want to play around and hill climb and jump. Should I still go with straight paddles? I keep getting mixed answers about how V paddles suck no matter what.

Also, I have a 13tooth front sprocket to help with the trails, would it be better to go back up one for the dunes? Will I need the extra RPM's in the top gears?

thanks guys trying to figure all of this out.

heres my mods

96 Banshee

>FMF Gold Series Pipes/powercore silencers

>noss head 20cc domes

>RM stator w/+4 timing

>Ported stock reed cages w/TDR reeds

>T.M. Designworks case saver

>Barnet Dirt Digger Clutch

>13 tooth front sprocket

>TAG CR high bend bars black

>ROX 2" risers

>ASV clutch and brake levers

>ITP rims w/

front bandits and rear razrs

>Janssen +2 +1 arms

>ELKA rec fronts

>TCS rear shock revalve

Terry

I run v and they are alright to a point my last trip I thought my clutch was slipping but it was spinning. I think I have modded myself out of my paddles and need better ones.

where do you ride in branson? I am not fea from there and in need of new places to ride two tracks shut down and one quit letting quads on

well, I mainly ride on trails that are just near my house. Mainly private property stuff. I dont go to many tracks. I do have some friends that have recently moved back into the area that have dirt bikes so hopefully I will start tagging along with them to any tracks or places they might go. I havent even been up to Chadwick.

Let me know though if there is anything cool going on in the area, I just moved back down here myself so I dont know any of the good places.

thanks for the help

Yeah Im sure it is. That pretty much all I ride. Just rocky ass trails. I live right off table rock lake, and we are in the hills down here. No such thing as dirt. My shee handles it pretty good I think. I do need some hiper's though, Im tired of buying rims every year!

ha

So yeah I guess back on topic, would it be wise to just go ahead and get straight paddles even though I am just messing around?

For all around duning with the occasional drag race I would just go with some 20" or 21" eight blade haulers for a 9 or 10 inch wheel, I think those would suit your mods well. Taller tire with a smaller wheel would be more for drag racing ie: 22x11x8, a shorter tire with more wheel would be for better all around handling ie: 20x10x10. If you think you'll be duning a lot I would recommend the scats, if you only plan on going once in a while I would go with sand snakes. But, for the extra few $$ definately go with an aluminum wheel. I bought the dune runners on steel wheels and hated them...too much bog because of the weight, I now run Scat's on douglas blue label and love them. If you plan on a lot of jumps I would recommend the 160 or 190 wheels.

Hey guys,

ok I am planning on taking my first trip out to Little Sahara in OK in the next month or so. I have never been to the dunes so Im not 100% sure what to expect.

First off I have to pick out some tires.

My bike is setup for trails and MXing more than anything. I dont really plan on dragging but just want to play around and hill climb and jump. Should I still go with straight paddles? I keep getting mixed answers about how V paddles suck no matter what.

Also, I have a 13tooth front sprocket to help with the trails, would it be better to go back up one for the dunes? Will I need the extra RPM's in the top gears?

thanks guys trying to figure all of this out.

heres my mods

96 Banshee

>FMF Gold Series Pipes/powercore silencers

>noss head 20cc domes

>RM stator w/+4 timing

>Ported stock reed cages w/TDR reeds No port work 8 paddle haulers. Youl be in the band but lose some power. Sand robs a ton. Good dunin man. Later C&B

>T.M. Designworks case saver

>Barnet Dirt Digger Clutch

>13 tooth front sprocket

>TAG CR high bend bars black

>ROX 2" risers

>ASV clutch and brake levers

>ITP rims w/

front bandits and rear razrs

>Janssen +2 +1 arms

>ELKA rec fronts

>TCS rear shock revalve

Terry

Hey, you are going to love the dunes. I am from northwest AR. we try to make it to LS two or three times a year. Just went about three weeks ago. I have the haulers and love them for all around duning. Also Mark Twain has some good trails to ride and not to far from Branson. Do you know where Roaring river is?

For all around duning with the occasional drag race I would just go with some 20" or 21" eight blade haulers for a 9 or 10 inch wheel, I think those would suit your mods well. Taller tire with a smaller wheel would be more for drag racing ie: 22x11x8, a shorter tire with more wheel would be for better all around handling ie: 20x10x10. If you think you'll be duning a lot I would recommend the scats, if you only plan on going once in a while I would go with sand snakes. But, for the extra few $$ definately go with an aluminum wheel. I bought the dune runners on steel wheels and hated them...too much bog because of the weight, I now run Scat's on douglas blue label and love them. If you plan on a lot of jumps I would recommend the 160 or 190 wheels.

Awesome thanks! I have some aluminum 9" rims I was gonna use to put them on. So most likely I will just try and find some cheaper 20" 8 blades.

Hey, you are going to love the dunes. I am from northwest AR. we try to make it to LS two or three times a year. Just went about three weeks ago. I have the haulers and love them for all around duning. Also Mark Twain has some good trails to ride and not to far from Branson. Do you know where Roaring river is?

Yeah I know where roaring river is, used to fish there every once in awhile when I was younger, never rode out there though. I actually live in some of the mark twain forest. It is so big. Im sure there is a ton of places to go and ride, but I have just recently moved back down here and dont have to many people that ride. So making trips always sucks cause its just me and one other person or something. Plus I have enough private property to ride on around me that I can ride for days really close to the house. But Im hoping to make in out to LS pretty soon and have a blast.

Terry

get Haulers, they are well worth whatever extra they cost. Sometimes Rocky Mountain also has a Hauler clone called the 'Sand Hauler', they don't have them on their page right now, but sometimes they show up off and on as they get stock.

get Haulers, they are well worth whatever extra they cost. Sometimes Rocky Mountain also has a Hauler clone called the 'Sand Hauler', they don't have them on their page right now, but sometimes they show up off and on as they get stock.

Yeah I saw the sand hauler in there actual catalog but not online. I was wondering what that was about. I doubt I will have the coin to drop on real haulers so it will be sand haulers or some sand snakes. Just something to get me by.

thanks