anyone here race hillcimbs?

05, dune ported stock cyl...vf3's, milled head, and just put a 2 into 1 carb on... not sure if I like it yet...Pro design hed with 19's...Pro circuit pipes....I run a +6 with 8 paddle haulers... It will still stand up on some hills....I'll try to get up a pic

post-15703-1206795920.jpg

loco I think I saw some of your vids on the tube... I threw a couple up last week and I'll get a few more today...Here's a couple from last weekend, if you guys are bored check em out..... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/davegg34

where do you race...

i hillclimb in kansas and minnesota. minnesota is district 23 and kansas kinda lumps in with 23.

loco I think I saw some of your vids on the tube... I threw a couple up last week and I'll get a few more today...Here's a couple from last weekend, if you guys are bored check em out..... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/davegg34

yea i have videos on youtube of hillclimbs here and in minnesota..

i know there are a ton of fast bikes in mass. youre gonna need to be lightweight. +6 swinger is about right. to be really honest with you im not sure how competitive youre gonna be with your setup. most of the fastest guys youll be racing against will be runnin cub or cheetah motors that will scream on the top end but will still pull the tall gears out of the hole. 2008 might be a learning year for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been running hillclimbs in Dist. 15 which is Indiana since 98. I am a 3 time Indiana State 2 Stroke Atv Champ and have done decent at the nationals. I agree with locogato there are alot of fast guys on the east coast, Mass, WV, Conn. Alot of the guys out there run hopped up quadzillas. You will also see CR500 motors stuffed inside 250R and 400EX frames. If the hill is not very big, say under 250ft you would want to run 18" tires and a hill above 250 you should run 20". A good site to visit is www.kingofthehill.org. This site has alot of good info on it. Got any questions let me know.

Hello, I've been running hillclimbs in Dist. 15 which is Indiana since 98. I am a 3 time Indiana State 2 Stroke Atv Champ and have done decent at the nationals. I agree with locogato there are alot of fast guys on the east coast, Mass, WV, Conn. Alot of the guys out there run hopped up quadzillas. You will also see CR500 motors stuffed inside 250R and 400EX frames. If the hill is not very big, say under 250ft you would want to run 18" tires and a hill above 250 you should run 20". A good site to visit is www.kingofthehill.org. This site has alot of good info on it. Got any questions let me know.

i agree with everything except the part about 18" tires. if youre running the proper setup like a 421 cub or like i am a 465 cub, you will blow the tires off with 18" tires.

i run a 10mm cub with 20" cut kenda knarlys and +6 swingarm. you will not find a harder gripping tire than this setup. ive run them all. this is the best. if you want to be competitive you have to run something very similar to that tire setup. ive been running in kansas and minnesota for about 5 years now. ive been running the cut knarlys for a long time. the last 2 years more and more guys are running them in minnesota and kansas. there really is no substitute.

hillshooter, did you go to nationals in red wing, minnesota in 2006??

i agree with everything except the part about 18" tires. if youre running the proper setup like a 421 cub or like i am a 465 cub, you will blow the tires off with 18" tires.

i run a 10mm cub with 20" cut kenda knarlys and +6 swingarm. you will not find a harder gripping tire than this setup. ive run them all. this is the best. if you want to be competitive you have to run something very similar to that tire setup. ive been running in kansas and minnesota for about 5 years now. ive been running the cut knarlys for a long time. the last 2 years more and more guys are running them in minnesota and kansas. there really is no substitute.

hillshooter, did you go to nationals in red wing, minnesota in 2006??

No I did'nt make up there. You? Your probly right about the 18's but I have always had good luck with the 18" shredders on the Dist. 15 hills. The biggest hill we have is at Nashville and that sits around 550ft, all other hills are below 210. Last year I bought some 20" Kenda radials that got a pretty meaty bite to them. They did awsome on the rocky loomy dirt at Nashville.

No I did'nt make up there. You? Your probly right about the 18's but I have always had good luck with the 18" shredders on the Dist. 15 hills. The biggest hill we have is at Nashville and that sits around 550ft, all other hills are below 210. Last year I bought some 20" Kenda radials that got a pretty meaty bite to them. They did awsome on the rocky loomy dirt at Nashville.

the longest hill we have is just over 300 feet. the cut kendas really hook well in dry and moist dirt. i wish you had a set to know what im talking about.

yea i was at the nationals in 2006. took 3rd place. my brother took 2nd and a guy from west virginia took 1st.

it was kind of a fucked up deal. the sooner you send in your entry the later you run in the class, which is normally a better deal cuz the dirt gets worked up and grabs harder. well that day it started raining halfway though the runs. me and my brother ran last and next to last making us run in sloppy ass mud. we got so fucked. we werent that far off the leader who ran second or third in the class on a quadzilla.. guy wasnt fast, just lucky. we were the only 2 once it started raining to even make it all the way up the hill. the next day after it rained all night we ran again. out of 15 people me, my brother and one or two other guys made it all the way up the hill. the guy who had the fastest time the first day didnt even make it half way. so basically nationals are a joke. you can win with one lucky run. it doesnt show skill at all. to do it right, they should have combined time in which case the guy who took first wouldnt even have made the top 10..

I remember that, Loco was pissed. I've seen Loco and his brother run. They've done there research thats for sure. I was giving some thought about hill climbing but after 2 back surgery's I'm thinking different thoughts now. ha ha maybe I'll wait a few more years to get into the over 40 class. :biggrin: I'd give Loco a chance on helping you with your setup, I'd lay money on it that you would be pleased. Just my thoughts............which aint much. gipperz

I remember that, Loco was pissed. I've seen Loco and his brother run. They've done there research thats for sure. I was giving some thought about hill climbing but after 2 back surgery's I'm thinking different thoughts now. ha ha maybe I'll wait a few more years to get into the over 40 class. :biggrin: I'd give Loco a chance on helping you with your setup, I'd lay money on it that you would be pleased. Just my thoughts............which aint much. gipperz

whats up cory!! how you been man? havent seen you around in a while. been riding at all?

man i gotta get a new crank for my 10mm and then i can get it running. shits expensive though!!

the longest hill we have is just over 300 feet. the cut kendas really hook well in dry and moist dirt. i wish you had a set to know what im talking about.

yea i was at the nationals in 2006. took 3rd place. my brother took 2nd and a guy from west virginia took 1st.

it was kind of a fucked up deal. the sooner you send in your entry the later you run in the class, which is normally a better deal cuz the dirt gets worked up and grabs harder. well that day it started raining halfway though the runs. me and my brother ran last and next to last making us run in sloppy ass mud. we got so fucked. we werent that far off the leader who ran second or third in the class on a quadzilla.. guy wasnt fast, just lucky. we were the only 2 once it started raining to even make it all the way up the hill. the next day after it rained all night we ran again. out of 15 people me, my brother and one or two other guys made it all the way up the hill. the guy who had the fastest time the first day didnt even make it half way. so basically nationals are a joke. you can win with one lucky run. it doesnt show skill at all. to do it right, they should have combined time in which case the guy who took first wouldnt even have made the top 10..

The guy who won in 06 was Frank Wilson JR. His quad doesnt look like much but, that thing pulls like a dam mule. I've seen him win two nationals out in WV.

Are you going to make to waterford ohio this year?