Im getting another baby

700s are night and day different than the 660s...

For trails, I'd still get a 450...probably a Honda over a Yamaha..only because the Honda is more torquey, whereas the YFZ is pretty high strung.

I like the way they sit/ergonomics compared to a 700. But...the 700 is no joke and a fine machine.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy wrote me a email and said he was going to call me and let me know ,that his good friend still hastn looked at the bike... i replied with i will give you 17 of 1800 you want , when can i go get the bike !

i hope this fucker gives me the bike. he says he dont know why but the carbs leak everywhere LOL and he says thats why it runs bad. lol i cant wait to fix floats.

i dont know about the 700 never rode one or know anyone who has one

If i wanteda trail bike im not sure where i would go i like the new ktm 450 and 525

the honda 450 yeah rode one and all he did to it was put a hot cam in it and it was zippyer than ever

i dont know about the 700 never rode one or know anyone who has one

If i wanteda trail bike im not sure where i would go i like the new ktm 450 and 525

the honda 450 yeah rode one and all he did to it was put a hot cam in it and it was zippyer than ever

My brothers got 05 450r and my buddies got the 700 with the programmer deal, the 450r has slip on and jetted with k&n 1 tooth up on rear and they run pretty much heads up. It would be a hard decision for me on the new 450s/ may have to try new kaw.

My brothers got 05 450r and my buddies got the 700 with the programmer deal, the 450r has slip on and jetted with k&n 1 tooth up on rear and they run pretty much heads up. It would be a hard decision for me on the new 450s/ may have to try new kaw.

If i were to recommend a four stroke i would say the Zuk LTR450. I just got one and its pretty sick. Rides awesome, sick power, and flies through air like it has wings. Its not the best for trail riding, the ground clearance and how wide it is kinda sucks if your in tight places. But for a 4stroke they are badass and RIP!!!!

Stay away from Kawi, they are really week, I have killed a couple on my LTR. Even some with a full exhaust, my LTR only has the baffle out, K&N, and Cherry bomb, and it still worked a lot of kawi and honda's, (in the dunes)

I have heard the Kawi is good in the trails, because it has reverse.

imo

ONE

• 2 weeks later...
I'm no puss, bud..... you suggesting I am? I bought my Raptor as a second quad for trailriding, and I like it alot. Doesn't replace my Shee by any means, but just because I also own a 4-stroke doesn't make me a pussy.

yes i think i am what of it??

Ill add my 2 cents.... im a huge fan of the 700s. No carbs, no bullshit jetting it. They respond to mods like crazy too, mine has quite a bit of shit on it, but it runs damn hard. For a trail machine the 700 is unbeatable imo, tons of torque, reverse, and fast as hell....

I had a 450 for a while and still liked my 700 better.

How am I not acting my age? Who have I insulted? I'm assuming you noticed my reply's up until your rude statement, now your saying I'm not acting my age for being angry about being called a name? (not to mention everyone else who owns or has owned a four-stroke)

I wouldn't have taken as much offense to it if I hadn't just been posting about my four-stroke just prior to your comment.

Let's just keep this on the subject instead of argueing.I wouldn't mind to get another raptor someday.I had a 660 raptor several years ago.Definitely a wheelie machine.Added a Graydon pipe/silencer and a pro-design kit w/K&N filter.Run pretty good.

Is the 700 smoking the 660's with equal mods?

They would have a c.c. advantage.

Do the 660's with the 686 kits hang with them?

I also have to agree with the 700 being a really awesome trail machine.

No jetting involved whatsoever. With the PC3 all you have to do is hook

it up to a laptop to adjust the settings. Lol

I have not ridden any of the new 450's but I have thrown my leg over

a few of them. And me being a bigger fella, the 700 felt better suited.

Performance wise, i cannot make any comparison without having ridden

a 450. The 450s look like they would be better for those that like to

go airborne. Lol

I think they all are more user friendly than the good ole banshee.

but thats what makes the banshee really fun to ride.