WTF DEMON BANSHEE

pate

i was ajusting my throtle cable today and the engine reved really high so i was trying to release the cable it wouldnt so i hit the kill switch nothing.. then i hit the key still reved out... then i pulled both plug wires still reved out for like 15 sec then i pulled the choke and it died. why would it still run with no plug wires???

i was ajusting my throtle cable today and the engine reved really high so i was trying to release the cable it wouldnt so i hit the kill switch nothing.. then i hit the key still reved out... then i pulled both plug wires still reved out for like 15 sec then i pulled the choke and it died. why would it still run with no plug wires???

Sell it...

well the only think i could think of is it pre-ignition, before i seen where it said "then i pulled the plug wires off" i thought it was electrical, but that led me to this, your could be running such high compression and temp , and to low octane of gas, what your compression and what octane you use, if your compression is too high and your octane isnt high enough it will ignite the gas bofore the spark actually does, like a deisel, using high compression and heat to ignite the gas

yeap. the term is called dieseling. the heat int eh cylinder combined with compression will ignite the particles as fast as they can. i have owned many a chainsaw that kept WFO. but with them it doesnt matter anyway, its called productivity :happy:

to fix this? start with a leakdown test and post your results.

how come

Get a compression tester and remove a plug and stick it in a plug hole nice and tight, then pull your throttle WOT and kick it quick about 10 times and repaeat on the other cyl. Of course have the power off and gas off to the motor. 155-160 is about the limit for 93 octain. Also check that you coolant is full, or even flowing.

Also if you have a boost bottle, you will catch a plague and your body will eat itslelf from inside out and outside in at the same time! :blink:

I wouldnt run 87 even in a stock engine. Im almost sure youve done some damage to that engine if what you said happened. Id atleast take the head off and give her a look. Hope Im wrong. I am all the time.