RS flywheel reliability

Ben350

I have a ricky stator flywheel on my shee and i am starting to wonder if i should leave it on. I had NUMEROUS problems with their stators and finally gave up and went back to the stock one. The whole reason i have a RS flywheel on now is since one of RS stators had their hardware break and sent it into my lylwheel, making a big mess. But anyways, i have seen threads on here where people have had the rivets on the RS flywheel loosen up and start destroying stuff. So my question is how many people have had this problem and how many have had 0 problems with theirs, and if so for how long? im trying to get a feel if this was an old problem that has been fixed in the manufacturing or if its still happening. Thanks

Had it since they first came out, what like 3 or 4 years ago or something. Maybe its been longer. Had my stator replaced a couple times so now I carrey a spare (I have 2 HO RS stators). Have not had any problems since I upgraded the bolts, however I'm thinking about finding some longer grade 8 bolts and using a lock nut on the backside as well. THe new bolts should not strip like the china ones, but they don't thread in quite as far either.

That said my friend bought his Flywheel around the same time, and first trip this season the magnets broke inside and are sliding around in it which he thinks could have warped his crank. Still going to run mine though for now. We don't know for sure how the magnets broke, perhaps it was caused by an out of true crank....Or perhpas neither is the cause/effect of the other.

Had it since they first came out, what like 3 or 4 years ago or something. Maybe its been longer. Had my stator replaced a couple times so now I carrey a spare (I have 2 HO RS stators). Have not had any problems since I upgraded the bolts, however I'm thinking about finding some longer grade 8 bolts and using a lock nut on the backside as well. THe new bolts should not strip like the china ones, but they don't thread in quite as far either.

That said my friend bought his Flywheel around the same time, and first trip this season the magnets broke inside and are sliding around in it which he thinks could have warped his crank. Still going to run mine though for now. We don't know for sure how the magnets broke, perhaps it was caused by an out of true crank....Or perhpas neither is the cause/effect of the other.

someone here had a nice cut stock one for $70, I would think you'd be able to find a nice stocker for less than $100 easy on here or I see a lot of them on ebay too.

Edited by IrideA250R

Mine burnt up 6 stators before I realized it was the problem. Bought a OEM FW and its run like a top since. It was making slight contact with the stator coils it looked like and causing them to burn up. I dont recommend their stuff. Just my opinion.

Mine burnt up 6 stators before I realized it was the problem. Bought a OEM FW and its run like a top since. It was making slight contact with the stator coils it looked like and causing them to burn up. I dont recommend their stuff. Just my opinion.

I wont buy RS anything anymore!