Exhaust Flow

Shawn G

My Banshee is now 10 years old, with the Bill's pipes being on since day one.

My question is...is it possible for carbon to have built up in the pipes and restrict the exhaust flow? Silencers have been repacked. The bike runs strong, but just feels like I'm not getting as much pull as I once did (the exhaust note has even changed over the years). Mods and maintenance should have me running better than before, not worse??????

im not really a motor expert and all, but it may be carbon in your pipes. im not too sure. maybe your engine parts are wearing out or inside ur engine is dirty with oil and junk. maybe your carbs need adjustment. maybe your gas mixture is too lean or too strong. maybe your air filter is dirty or the banshee just aint gettin enough air into it.

Try taking ur full exhaust system off, and blow all the pipes with high pressures water and some degreaser. blow everything out of them! Use an air compressor if u have to. that should get them clean. if the problem still occurs after u clean them, then try something else.

like i said before, im not a motor expert, i know a little cause i mess around with my banshee and im just thinking common sense. i tried to think of everything that i think can cause that problem.

Hpoefully u get it fixed. bring it too a shop and get it inspected or checked.

GOOD LUCK! :blush:

Edited by DJ LiL Mike

im not really a motor expert and all, but it may be carbon in your pipes. im not too sure. maybe your engine parts are wearing out or inside ur engine is dirty with oil and junk. maybe your carbs need adjustment. maybe your gas mixture is too lean or too strong. maybe your air filter is dirty or the banshee just aint gettin enough air into it.

Try taking ur full exhaust system off, and blow all the pipes with high pressures water and some degreaser. blow everything out of them! Use an air compressor if u have to. that should get them clean. if the problem still occurs after u clean them, then try something else.

like i said before, im not a motor expert, i know a little cause i mess around with my banshee and im just thinking common sense. i tried to think of everything that i think can cause that problem.

Hpoefully u get it fixed. bring it too a shop and get it inspected or checked.

GOOD LUCK! :blush:

Thanks for the response.

Everything is pretty well-maintained, so I'm going to check the pipes. If that doesn't improve the power, I guess I'll just have to cut back on the carne asada burritos.