+2+1 or +3+1 arms for flat track

4stroker

hi there im racing my banshee on oval tracks and TT style flat tracks.

i was thinking of going +2+1 arms and running the stock offset front wheels, and some sort of zero pre-load, ride height adjustable shocks.

is it worth getting +3+1 arms or is that too wide? also what shocks are good?

thanks, mark

hi there im racing my banshee on oval tracks and TT style flat tracks.

i was thinking of going +2+1 arms and running the stock offset front wheels, and some sort of zero pre-load, ride height adjustable shocks.

is it worth getting +3+1 arms or is that too wide? also what shocks are good?

thanks, mark

I would go +2+1 because i have +2+1 with offset itp rims and it is plenty wide and handles great , and also if u go to wide it will want to dive in the corners. Thats what happens on a 1/4 or 1/2 mile oval. Well thats my opinion.

+3+1 will make your banshee as wide as a 450 with +2+1 I dont know why it would be too wide for a banshee but fine with all the other bikes but anyway... I have +3 on mine and its works great. bike is 50 inches wide with stock offset. you should also think about a swaybar. Its essential in oval racing imo. I couldnt believe the difference it made!

I have +3 +1 on mine and I think that is the only way to go. I have afco dual rate long travel shocks on the front so you can pick the front end up all the way to your waist and the front wheels are still making contact with the ground. As far as handling I didnt notice any real difference from +2 a-arms. I use hypertech rims and I dont remember what the offset ( im in Iraq right now so I cant look) is but they are offset in as far as they can go which makes it alittle easier on your arms. Just my $0.02

thanks for the replies

i have heard about afco shocks, but when i looked on their website i couldnt see any quad stuff... where do u get em from?

also, minus 2 or a minus 1 swingarm?

I would say for most cases you want a -2 You would always rather have too much traction rather than not enough. I wouldnt mind finding a -3 or 4 to try out.

I would say for most cases you want a -2 You would always rather have too much traction rather than not enough. I wouldnt mind finding a -3 or 4 to try out.

i dont think u can go more then -2.5" cause the tires hit the bike...

but i dont race flat track but i love my +3...

thanks for the replies

i have heard about afco shocks, but when i looked on their website i couldnt see any quad stuff... where do u get em from?

I use a -2.5 no-link lone star swing arm, you will not find anything out that will give you more traction in any condition.

Edited by Proquad101

thanks for the replies

Afco no longer makes shocks for ATV applications. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago about it. PEP's are the best for TT and flat track.

Just my $.02

• 7 months later...

I run 3+1+ a arms with a offset rim makes it 54'' in the front . I ran a

+4 axle with the G-fore +3 and half hubs, makes it 54'' out back . I ran elkas on the front made just for me (1600$) put the shee right down and still got tavel ( front is only like 3'' of the track ) . For the rear I run a stock swinger Im making a few poney under the seat with a yamaha R1 shock rebuilt by elka . I race in a pro open class with a alot of big names .. I can beat a rath built trx450 the guys all come up to me and ask me why my shee handles so make better then theres ... I said i dont know .. its fun passing the guys on the high side of the track them next lap putting her on the bottom .. oh can check out PGR sway bars a real must for flat track . only 250$ on ebay

I run 3+1+ a arms with a offset rim makes it 54'' in the front . I ran a

+4 axle with the G-fore +3 and half hubs, makes it 54'' out back . I ran elkas on the front made just for me (1600$) put the shee right down and still got tavel ( front is only like 3'' of the track ) . For the rear I run a stock swinger Im making a few poney under the seat with a yamaha R1 shock rebuilt by elka . I race in a pro open class with a alot of big names .. I can beat a rath built trx450 the guys all come up to me and ask me why my shee handles so make better then theres ... I said i dont know .. its fun passing the guys on the high side of the track them next lap putting her on the bottom .. oh can check out PGR sway bars a real must for flat track . only 250$ on ebay

So...You have the exact width at the front and back! 54" Do you recommend having the exact width so?!

What's the stock measure of both front and back? Is it 46" at the back and 48 at the front? :ermm:

Edited by snows