New to the Banshee. Quick Questions

Duramax

I just purchased a 2003 Banshee. This is my first two stroke so I am looking for some answers. It is leaking oil, and it appears it is leaking where the pipes exit the motor. Is this because the previous owner was running it to "rich"? Is 50:1 the correct mixture? I plan on using redline. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am taking it to Sand Mountain this weekend and I am very excited!

If your pipes are leaking right where it exits the motor like an oily grease its just 2-stroke grease(all 2 strokes produce it when they are operated) an to fix that just take your pipes off an buy 2 new exhaust o-ring gaskets an it will seal them up, I had the same thing happen to me when I had my blaster a few years ago,

as far as oil gas mixture, I run mine at 32:1, an BTW in the future if your looking for a quick answer just use the search button an you can find out some things quicker than waiting for someone to post back, good luck man an welcome the HQ an have fun with your new Banshee.

Edited by BansheeRider71

I just purchased a 2003 Banshee. This is my first two stroke so I am looking for some answers. It is leaking oil, and it appears it is leaking where the pipes exit the motor. Is this because the previous owner was running it to "rich"? Is 50:1 the correct mixture? I plan on using redline. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am taking it to Sand Mountain this weekend and I am very excited!

I use redline also. I usually mix 36:1 - 40:1, havent had any problems

If your pipes are leaking right where it exits the motor like an oily grease its just 2-stroke grease(all 2 strokes produce it when they are operated) an to fix that just take your pipes off an buy 2 new exhaust o-ring gaskets an it will seal them up, I had the same thing happen to me when I had my blaster a few years ago,

as far as oil gas mixture, I run mine at 32:1, an BTW in the future if your looking for a quick answer just use the search button an you can find out some things quicker than waiting for someone to post back, good luck man an welcome the HQ an have fun with your new Banshee.

Is this what I need? Visit My Website

yeaaaap them are them. fix ya right up.

i and many others may suggest giving your bike a good thorough go-over, perhaps flush your tranny as well so you have the comfort of knowing your oil is in good shape. you can also check its consistency for clutch grinds.

welcome to the site!

yeaaaap them are them. fix ya right up.

i and many others may suggest giving your bike a good thorough go-over, perhaps flush your tranny as well so you have the comfort of knowing your oil is in good shape. you can also check its consistency for clutch grinds.

welcome to the site!

Thanks. I flushed the tranny last night and cleaned the filters. It is running very well. Any spare parts other than plugs that I should have on hand?