Craigslist scam

So I found this yfz450 for my GF (bronco gurl) and I email the buy about it. He says he is in the U.K but the bike is here in San Fransisco at a warehouse. He says the price includes shipping... I tell him can't you just have your wife go show me the bike? He tells me that he doesn't have a wife when his add clearly says he built this pink yfz for his WIFE but she decided she wanted a rhino. So he says he has an account through moneybookers which is like paypal. He says I give him my name and contact info and he will "pass it on to moneybookers so he can pose as an agent for money bookers to get my payment and they will deliver th bike... What a douch!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/586104939.html

I am gonna contact craigslist but I hope no one is dumb enough to fall for this...

That does suck. At least you got it flagged/reported. I cant believe people are still doing this crap. Had the same thing happen when i was trying to sell my 66 Nova... i send you 20k, and you send me 5k back... LOL, look the car is 15k cash.

idiots

You have any luck with selling your banshee George?

So I found this yfz450 for my GF (bronco gurl) and I email the buy about it. He says he is in the U.K but the bike is here in San Fransisco at a warehouse. He says the price includes shipping... I tell him can't you just have your wife go show me the bike? He tells me that he doesn't have a wife when his add clearly says he built this pink yfz for his WIFE but she decided she wanted a rhino. So he says he has an account through moneybookers which is like paypal. He says I give him my name and contact info and he will "pass it on to moneybookers so he can pose as an agent for money bookers to get my payment and they will deliver th bike... What a douch!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/586104939.html

I am gonna contact craigslist but I hope no one is dumb enough to fall for this...

Exact same thing up here in Seattle area. I contacted a guy on a 05...forget exactly, Yamaha 660 4x4 for my wife.

He's in the U.K. bla bla wants to use the moneybookers, bla bla. I replied with "I'll go pick it up in Seattle and give who ever is there CASH, otherwise you are a SCAMMER!"

Needless to say never heard back from him, and I flagged the posting. I can't believe people fall for that shit.

Good rule of thumb on Craigslist.........sounds too good to be true, IT IS!!!!

I came across a scam like this on ebay involving a '69 camaro in immaculate condition for very cheap..Had money in my account and I was serious..I contacted the guy and said that he had just moved to England and that the car was at a shipping warehouse in L.A. and that once I paid him I could go get it....I did what any smart person would do...Told him that after I drove the car and looked at it person I'd hand over the cash...Never heard from the guy and reported it to Ebay..Later saw the same car being sold in Australia with the same thing...."Just moved to......"

if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. if you are selling a bike and the person buying is not standing in front of you with cold hard cash don`t sell it. if you are buying a bike from craigslist or e bay and the deal is soooo smokin you can`t believe it. it`s a scam.if you don`t have the streetsmarts to avoid either of the above. you deserve to get took. i flag these ads daily on cl. 2007 rhino for 2500. come on.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/rvs/588106483.html

here is one. it don`t even snow here anymore. who the fuck got sleds in philly?

no phone number. manufacturers info copied right from a site. SCAM!

THEY CONTACT ME ALL THE TIME ABOUT BIKES I LIST. it usually goes like this.

hello! i am berry interested in your item,i would like for to send you a cashiers check for 11,295.00us dollars.upon reciebing my payment. you can ship this item using my company.

scam!