coolant

04YAMSHEE

i've talked to 3 of my buddies with banshees and they said all of theirs leak out of that overflow tube.

Um ok, do what you want. You asked what caused it, we gave ways to find out. My bikes dont puke at all. Can ride for days on end throught the dunes and not a drop unless something isn't right. take it for what its worth

well i wasn't being a dick i was just posting information. anyways, i put the new impeller in, refilled the coolant and drained some out of the resivoir. started it up and brought it up to temp, no bubbles present. shut it off and pressure tested the system, no leaks. put the cap on and ran it for a while in the

garage and no coolant. i should be good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok after a bit of searching to no avail... I'm going to resurect this posting...

I'm having almost the same issue here. Mine will create a small pool of antifreeze out of the overflow tube about 5 inches in diameter after reaching about 190-200 deg.

It's not pissing really bad but just wondering if I have an issue?

Here's the things I've already checked:

Brand new rebuild

No bubbles inside while running so don't think it's head. (Brand new orings in coolhead)

definitely from overflow tube, I have a clear tube and can see it coming out

Just put in a brand new billet impeller

Haven't done a pressure test, can someone explain how please?

Let me know if you guys think I have an issue here?

thanks

I am having a bit of the same problem the way to tell if it is the compression doing it is when you first start it put your fingher over the end of the overflow tube and see how big the bubbles get with the engine cold my bubbles get big and the coolant keeps coming

The cap could definitely be the prob I don't know. I can only assume it's the original 1989 cap... I think I'll swap it with my wifes banshee and see...

As far as the bubbles go, what do you mean? I'm not quite following you because the overflow hose comes out of the very top above the coolant level in the radiator so it wouldn't be bubbling anyway and if the cap is on you can't see anything anyway.

Can you explain a little further? Thanks for the help

the overflow tube ends up right above the pipe on the right side of the bike it is tied up to the frame. pull it out where you can see the end of it. start the bike cold and put your finger over the end of it maby with some spit or soap and see if it makes bubbles if it does you are getting compression in your cooling system

the overflow tube ends up right above the pipe on the right side of the bike it is tied up to the frame. pull it out where you can see the end of it. start the bike cold and put your finger over the end of it maby with some spit or soap and see if it makes bubbles if it does you are getting compression in your cooling system

Ahh gottcha. ok thanks