Finally Getting Motor Work Done

Dinner

alot of the symptoms people generaly think attribute to running drythe bowls dry are actually lean spots i nthe jetting,it takes quite a bit o na gas engine @ wot to draw them dry atleast for short runs if it happens at wide oipen throttle thats one thing but keep in mind the Keihin pwks are designed mostly for the modern 125 dirtbike high rpm design and characteristics ,but for us banshee guys where we want the fuel at a lower range ,the stock needles they often come with (cgl) are too lean ,cel and dek needles are much better choices in my experiance and can take away midrange and off idle issues alot fo times ,at the same time yo udont want t o make the mistake and overcarb your engine ,33 34 35 are good ideas on some bikes but dont forget stock carbs are proven to able to work wel lon modifed bikes and make 80 horsepower .

alot of the symptoms people generaly think attribute to running drythe bowls dry are actually lean spots i nthe jetting,it takes quite a bit o na gas engine @ wot to draw them dry atleast for short runs if it happens at wide oipen throttle thats one thing but keep in mind the Keihin pwks are designed mostly for the modern 125 dirtbike high rpm design and characteristics ,but for us banshee guys where we want the fuel at a lower range ,the stock needles they often come with (cgl) are too lean ,cel and dek needles are much better choices in my experiance and can take away midrange and off idle issues alot fo times ,at the same time yo udont want t o make the mistake and overcarb your engine ,33 34 35 are good ideas on some bikes but dont forget stock carbs are proven to able to work wel lon modifed bikes and make 80 horsepower .

Hmmm, so do you think I should try to run my motor with my stockers...get them all jetted in tip top shape and see how shee runs? I have no problem going this route either if they work for me. It's just my stock carbs are used (had to replace my last set of stockers) and they are getting fairly old.

I will be riding in areas where I mostly go all out right before the powerband so that I can get up hills, etc. the PWKs wouldn't fuel good enough down low for my type of riding style? I'm a noob when it comes to carbs so all the help I can get is awesome, so thank you :beer:

Dekker, thanks for the pics man...a lot more porting than my little clean up I did myself :yelrotflmao:

I think 33PWKs will actually help your bottom end and power delivery all the way through. Anytime you go from round slide to flat slide carb it helps out throttle response!